Friday, May 18, 2012

I KNOW what I GOT!!!!!



So I set up a list of three CRITICAL things to get done yesterday. Actually I set up three things for quilting, three for gardening, three paperwork and three other. OK - so that makes TWELVE things, but I thought it would be good if I needed some variety!!!!

I got ALL the OTHER things done! I got NOTHING finished in the quilting category and NOTHING in the gardening category and one thing in the paperwork category. Bottom line - I did MAKE progress in the day. The customer quilt is over half done and I should be able to finish this morning. Made good progress on the secret project including buying the last bit of fabric needed to finish it off. That can be done later this afternoon. The other stuff - well it will get worked into today as well.

One of the things I had to do yesterday was to find a pattern. This weekend is one of my tinners exchange and I have to get the block done - yes THAT block is a priority today. I find the pattern (right where it is supposed to be). After some evaluation, I don't think that it will work.  So I hit the internet - hmmmmmm - some interesting concepts. Found a GORGEOUS pattern but of course there is NO TIME to get the pattern AND get the block done on time, but I might buy it for me for a "rainy" day.

I see a couple of other ideas, but no - not what I want. Then I see another pattern for sale. HEY - that pattern was in a magazine AND I have the magazine. Now what magazine was that??????   I do my "stand in the middle of the floor" and zone into the book shelf. Ah - yes - that was a Quiltmaker magazine. Rifle through the stack of Quiltmaker magazines and VOILA - within less than a minute - I had the pattern. How cool is that!!!!!!!   The magazine was from 1994!!!!!!!!    And someone said I need to cull the magazines!!!!    How the heck would you know what to cull???????????????????//

Then I needed to find another pattern for my Christmas Club also on Saturday. Shoot - where did I see that pattern - I am not making it - it was just an idea that I wanted to show them. Darn darn darn - where is it????   Ah - stand in the middle of the room and zone into the bookshelf and within minutes I had found the book with the pattern in it.   Sorry Linda - I still do NOT know where that book is with the log cabin wreath!!!

I AM GOOD!!!!!!!!!   Now imagine how good I would be if I actually looked at ALL the books and magazines I have - I could be BRILLIANT - I could be a GENIUS!!!!!   But I am not!


Update on my Dad - he had knee surgery about 6 weeks ago. Yesterday he had X-rays and saw the surgeon and then the physiotherapists. They told him NOT to come back. I think he went to physio TWICE. He has diligently been doing his exercises at home since day one and they said he was pretty much as good as new!!!!!    If everyone was like that - well look how much money we would save on health claims. And he is almost 80 - if he can do the exercises by himself - then all of us can do the exercises. If you get physio and they tell  you to exercise at home - DO IT!!!!!


I also worked on something for Ronda which was part of the tinners exchange so I can't show you that either. CRAP - so many secrets!!!!     This is getting crazy. My solution - NEXT YEAR - NO MORE TINNERS. Lots of cute stuff being done and I can't show you UNTIL the end.

Oh yes - thanks to whomever suggested I read the quilt books by Marie Bostwick. Yes - I did buy the first book since our library did NOT have it. - A Single Thread. Haven't gotten around to reading it yet.




I hope it is good. I have this BIG problem. I have books that are in my OWN library, but there is so much choice at the public library that I can't stop getting books from there. I was going to read one from my library and then one from the public library, but that lasted about one month!!!!!


Have a look at what my girls do all day when no one is home.....................



Sparky lays in the sun (notice the NEW garden whimsy)

Sammy anxiously awaits for people to come home. That dog has become VERY restless and needy when her favourites are NOT home. Not sure what we are going to do with her!!!!!

A cute ORANGE pair of boots. Not sure if it is an egg cup, but what the heck - is cute. Thanks to Daphne who found this at the Thrift store!!!! 


No coyote this morning, but Sammy did have fun with these guys.


That would be the mommy and THREE babies!!!!!



Oh yes - I decided to check out the Lifetime cycle ride last night. I was VERY LEERY. But although the ride was short (we left at 6 PM and back at 7:30 PM - 35 K) - the ride was AWESOME. The pace was perfect - I could have gone on for HOURS. It is just so much easier in a group and everyone seemed to be at the right speed - no one got left. That almost makes up for last time.



Well - time to get ready for a busy busy day.


Have a great day - (don't forget your physio if you are supposed to do your exercises at home)


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment