Tuesday, May 29, 2012

THE Challenge



The last couple of days have been INSANE. I have barely been home except to unload the car, reload the car and then off to the next event. I have HUNDREDS of pictures to go through - it has been wild!!!!

Today I wanted to share this challenge with you. The Halton Hills Quilt Guild has a President's Challenge which is issued at the beginning of the guild year. The theme this time was a Play on Words. Since I love words - well I HAD to do the challenge.

So here are the challenges - I am NOT going to tell you what they are this morning - I'll let you ponder on them and see how many you can guess. A very creative lot to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!



Number One -  Opposites
Number Two - Out on a limb 
Number Three - (sorry - I can't remember this one)
Number Four - Poppycock
Number Five - My life is a circle
Number Six - Twister

Number Seven - Fly the coop

Number Eight - A snowball's chance in hell
Number Nine - Apple of my eye


Number Ten - Splash of colour
Number Eleven - Welcome Spring
Number Twelve - Peace on Earch
Number Thirteen - Button It
Number Fourteen - Long Arm Quilter
Number Fifteen - A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Number Sixteen - Put a sock in it



Number Seventeen - Early bird gets the worm

Number Eighteen - (I didn't get a picture of the other side which was Amish blocks) - Amish Technology bag - this was an oxymoron


Number Nineteen - Single white male

Number Twenty - Play on Words 




There you have it - some of them are very clever. And while you are looking at them - why not leave a comment telling me which one you like the best.

I shall reveal the themes of each later on.


Enjoy - it was a LOT of fun to come up with the ideas, loads of fun to make and I can't wait until the next challenge.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. I am wondering if the Scrabble board is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11 speaks to me the most. Seems like finding gratitude when you just stop you will see it there.

    ReplyDelete