Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Front Porches


Sad news - Karen's husband passed away yesterday. He never regained consciousness from his fall. What a shock - Sunday he is doing stuff with his buddies, falls downstairs and then two days later he is gone.

You know all those corny sayings - enjoy life and all that stuff - well you just better heed it. You never know when your turn is going to come - none of us do.

I spent most of the day quilting and got not one......................

Customer quilt



Not two.........................
Second customer quilt
 But THREE..............................
Third customer quilt



Quilts DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!   (and thankfully each one was smaller than the previous)


They were all for the same customer and she really wanted them by the end of April as she is having a baby soon (due in ONE WEEK) and wanted to get the bindings done. I decided that I would drop them at her house last night. What a cute house with a GORGEOUS FRONT PORCH. While I LOVE my house and I LOVE my backyard, I would LOVE to have a front porch. This wasn't a tiny front porch - but a BIG front porch. (Margo - you NEED a front porch - it would be perfect for your neighbourhood).

Anyway - I did NOT take a picture, but I can just imagine sitting out there hand stitching, reading, sleeping. They had nice furniture on it as well. Also I hear that my hosts in Moose Jaw have a NEW front porch. And I already loved the old one. Next house - MUST have a front porch. Wouldn't you love this FRONT PORCH??????


So my mother in law is moving. I decided to back away from the details and let DH do all the stuff. Well - I guess I could say he took care of stuff, but not really. Thankfully she is moving from 1403 to 1601 in a condo building. And thankfully she is close to the elevator and doesn't have a lot of stuff. While DH is in a panic - how will we move stuff - oh it will take a long time, blah blah blah. I take LAUNDRY BASKETS and I got him to rent a dolly (or whatever those things are called that the delivery people use - except it had a flat tire and so we couldn't use it).  His mom had stuff packed in plastic bags which weren't strong enough to carry, but were strong enough to dump stuff into the baskets and then be whisked to the elevator. Fill the elevator and then up two floors and whisk it into the apartment. In less than ONE HOUR - we had all the "stuff" moved. The only thing that remained was the furniture which is being moved today. It was "my job" to call the cable and phone and managed to get an appointment today for the cable. Still got to call for the phone.

Let's just say that when 10 PM came last night - I tumbled into bed and I don't think I even remember my head hitting the pillow!!!!!

Having a FUN day today - yes - I do take time for me in all this craziness!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


No comments:

Post a Comment