Wednesday, July 11, 2012

OOOPS - I did it AGAIN!!!!!!


OK - back to the daily grind!!!!  

Went to yoga last night. CRUD - I got mixed up in the times - I thought it started at 8:30 PM and when I arrived at the class about 8:20 PM - everyone was lying on their mats and I'm thinking - is this the end of the previous class (although I saw the instructor for that class downstairs -DUH!) and the fact that there was NO ONE standing in the vestibule waiting to get in should have been a clue!!!   I finally tip toed into the room and OH YES - the class started at 8:15 PM. OK - so better check the times next time. At least I did not miss it. I LOVE yoga. It is not for the feint at heart - lots of stretching, lots of strength required for yoga. And when they went for the inversion (head stand) - well I passed on that for now................

Someday I will look like I know what I am doing!  Then up bright and early this morning for Team Fitness. Oh yes - NO rest for the wicked. After the class, I got my official weigh in - ICK!!!!!    OK - so yes there is that few extra pounds that need to come off and CRUD - the BMI is a couple of percentage points too high. FAT but FIT. That sucks.

Talking to some of the girls this morning - we are all becoming addicted to the damn place. I want to try some of the other classes - not just the Team Fitness. You basically could live at the gym - there is food, massage, yoga, classes, a pool, sauna - yup - you could live there and save rent. But they might get suspicious if they found fabric and a sewing machine in the upstairs lounge area!!!!


Got busy yesterday and corrected that mistake I made last week. Oh yes - I got FOUR phone calls about that mistake. The funny thing was - I even looked at the picture and pointed out the corners and NEVER noticed the mistake.


Do you see the mistake?????   (look bottom left corner)
It is fixed and BACK in the TO BE QUILTED pile


I then pulled out one of the 12 for (20) 12 projects. I had to put it away because I was missing a fabric for the small border. It was a hand dyed and unfortunately she didn't have any in stock and I had to wait for her to dye more. But it took several months because she was tied up in a HUGE production project for TV.

I get the borders on - I was working on the one with the elephant. Fuse down the elephant and lay both quilts on the floor to admire my work. They lay on the floor for a good part of the day and THEN I SAW THE MISTAKE and couldn't believe it. Do you see the mistake????????????????????


Two safari quilts..............

Perhaps you can see a bit better in this picture - I re positioned them slightly.


YES - the one on the right is BIGGER than the one on the left. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????    How did that happen. I dash back to the patterns.

BOTH say they are the same size...................





Then I start counting the rows - yes the giraffe has 21 rows and the elephant has 20 rows. HOW DID I SCREW UP LIKE THAT??????   Let's dig out the patterns and CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?????????

Giraffe pattern - TWENTY ONE rows

Elephant pattern - TWENTY rows
 The CRUD patterns are WRONG!!!!  

Hmmmmmm - I have to fix this because the idea was to hang them side by side and it would look stupid if one is two inches longer than the other. Well - I got LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY. If I take off the top two borders on the giraffe and remove the first row of squares, then put the two borders back on - it will be perfect. And the horizon will be in the same position on both. That was SO LUCKY and easy (although time consuming) to fix. Thank god - I am not fast and had rushed to quilt the giraffe (which has been together for a LONG TIME).  I cut the backings (no piecing as these pieces are not that wide) and then put it all in the Monday box. I will deal with it then.


I have been scheduling my days and know exactly what has to be done and it wasn't working on these quilts, although I am trying to play catch up with the borders, bindings and backings.

Time to hit the quilting machine. This time  - one of MY quilts. Imagine that.

The quilt has been partially quilted (and it is bound) for YEARS. I always wanted to put way more quilting on it, but lack of confidence or time - not sure which held me back. I got out my scrap paper yesterday to practice some background fillers - picked one that I like and loaded the quilt. You'll see when I'm done. I am really happy with it so far.


A bit of a challenge to load without putting a big crease in that binding. But I got it to lie flat. 

There is even a sleeve (sewn into the binding at the top, but not stitched down) and I loaded that onto the frame. Then when it went around the roller - I tucked the binding down flat. 


Made good head way once I got started and I hope to get most of it done today. I am going to have to quilt that last border on the domestic machine - I don't think I can do justice on the long arm when the binding is already on.


I have to say that this exercise thing - it breeds ACTIVITY. The more I move - the more I want to move and this is going to sound really really corny, but when I go upstairs or downstairs, I can FEEL the strength in my legs. It is effortless to go up and down. And the yoga thing is helping my cycling - when I went out this past weekend - I could feel the difference - power came from my gluts, not my thighs and it was awesome. OK - that is probably more than you want to know, but that endorphin thing they talk about - well it is true.

And so if you want to know how or why I can get so much done in a day - that little paragraph above - explains it all!!!!!


Have a GREAT and AWESOME day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment