Sunday, July 15, 2012

You can't choose your family!!!!

Nope - my immediate family did NOTHING to warrant that statement!   I've been spending some time in Ancestry.Com. HELP!!!!!    There is so much information in there - links to other branches from the siblings of great great great grandparents. Yikes - where do you STOP!!!!!

Of course it would help a LOT if I knew the program better and how to build the family tree properly, but I am learning. It is just a slow process. Trying to get some stuff together for my mom. Oh yes - you see we are still governed with an iron hand even when you are not at home any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just kidding - this is something that I have wanted to get done for a while and NOW is the time.

On my mom's side of the family, I have been able to track down her great grandparents who were born around 1844. I know this stuff is going to drive me CRAZY - I hate AROUND 1844. I want to know the EXACT DATE, and PLACE. Well something to keep me busy I guess!!  LOL.


Thank goodness I made good headway on the customer quilt yesterday morning because after I arrived home from chauffeuring - I was too EXHAUSTED to quilt.

M is taking her modeling class and just so happens that one of her classmates lives close by. I suggested we car pool since it is a hike down town and the class is three hours - could come home, but lots of travelling. It was my turn yesterday to drive them and I had a quilt to drop off, so I thought I would do that while I was waiting. First the construction down town right at the intersection where the class is a NIGHTMARE - the entire MAJOR intersection is completely shut down while they replace the streetcar tracks.

Then the GPS decided to take me on the SCENIC tour of Toronto. Honestly - it took ONE HOUR to get to my destination. If I would have taken the highway - it would have been WAY shorter time wise - STUPID GPS. Anyway - it worked out and I was back to pick up the girls on time. Not before I had a GREAT browse through a different Chapter's than I go to. They have WAY more stock in that store.

The pony express works great!   I wanted to purchase a particular book that is NOT available at Chapters. The people who put out the book have an office just a few doors down from where M takes her class. I asked them if they would walk the book to the modeling office and they did. I got it yesterday. It is a gorgeous book if you are into cycling.


Book celebrating TEN years of Tour d'Afrique.  Isn't that cover picture clever!!!!


OH OH OH - before I forget, I would just like to say that my child has been abducted by aliens and replaced with someone I DO NOT KNOW. There have been days where I was ready to toss the kid out on the lawn with all her stuff and while we still do not see eye to eye about her STUFF - particularly clothes (I hope she is in a teeny tiny room in residence). Anyway yesterday's topic at the class was self-defense (which they loved) AND nutrition. Oh boy - the first thing I heard when they got in the car - WE HAVE TO BUY ORGANIC. The peanut butter we have will kill you, EVERYTHING has fructose or some sort of "tose" in it and we can't eat that. Oh boy - I can HARDLY WAIT for the next grocery shopping trip!!!!

If after reading yesterday's blog,  you thought I was turning into a granola girl - well this might just tip the scales!!!!!


On that note - I'm off to get (oh yes - I have to finish posting those Dear Jane pictures) and then catch up on what I did not get done yesterday.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Two things:

    1. Use what you find on Ancestry.com as research suggestions, not gospel truth. You will find more than one family tree for almost everyone and they often disagree.

    2. High fructose corn syrup IS extremely bad for us and the worst part is that it is in almost all processed foods. I read the label on some store brand kidney beans and almost had a heart attack right there---sugar, cane syrup, corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup. Plus a couple of chemicals.

    Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete