Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The shopping trip


Now after you read the blog about the retreat, I bet you are thinking - HAH - she probably didn't get any sleep. Stayed up late, got up early. WELL - I will have you know that even though I got up at 6ish every day, I did not start up the sewing machine until after 9 AM.

I went for my bike ride, had a shower or I sat around and chatted with the others. I was in bed around 10 PM every night. And spent some of the evenings hand stitching or KNITTING. It really truly was a relaxing retreat. Not like our first retreats - we sewed all day and into the night and then got up early and sewed more. Nope this was relaxing. Did you know that this is my 14th time I have been to this quilting retreat. WOW!!!!


There are two stores close to the retreat house. Well let's change that - there USED to be two stores close to the retreat house. One was in Huntsville. We loved the store and there was a Fabricland in case you needed basic stuff, and let's not forget the thrift store and the great pharmacy with the amazing array of quilting magazines. Since that store closed, I did NOT take a trip into Huntsville.

BUT we did take a trip into Bracebridge and there is a great shop there.

Muskoka Quilting Co.


It is a super store and this is what I acquired at that store.

COULD NOT help myself. A great Halloween STRIPE - and an orange Halloween.   LOVE LOVE LOVE them. 
Northcott - Quilts of Valor fabric

Now I have been coveting this fabric ever since I saw it come out several months ago. HOWEVER I have not purchased any. The old me would have bought scads of it, but the new me is NOT buying until I figure out what to do with it. I better buy it quick because it is FLYING off the shelves. If you checked out the Muskoka Quilting Company web site - you will see the quilt they made with it as well as the rest of the fabric line. It really is nice, it says Canada without SCREAMING. I am formulating my design and will probably buy the rest this week.


AMAZING little bag pattern and the zippers to go with it


Could have bought tons more, but I am being realistic. If I can't even make a dent in the 2012 shelf, I am buying more because??????


Then we stopped at the store in Orillia. Thimbles and Things    We do not get a chance to stop at this store on our normal weekend retreats. We zip up early in the morning when they are NOT open and then come home on Sunday when they are also closed. So we took this opportunity to stop by. I'm so glad we did.


New book on Zentangles. 

MORE Halloween fabric WITH WORDS - killed two birds with ONE stone on that one

A cute novelty print (free FQ of YOUR choice) if you are on the way to or from the house. That's decent!!!!

A super sunflower pattern


Now back to that quilt we saw at Thimbles and Things. Here is the pattern and template needed to make it. I have to think - this came from Marian - did she give it to me or lend it to me?????   She MUST have given it to me. Well if she wants it back - too bad!!!!!!!!


Primitive Gatherings pattern for MINI Twister

See how small that template is!!!!!!

Close up of the quilt again. It looks like the designer of this quilt, used that block from the  pattern and then just added more. Pretty cool. 



One other thing about BOTH of those quilt stores - they all had AMAZING classes and I wish I was closer. Have a look at their web sites and see what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is the map of my bike ride - I did the same thing each day.


Bike ride route



On that note - I am raring to go and I've LOTS to do.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment