Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Where is the camera?????


I do not always take the camera with me on the morning walk. I did NOT take the camera this morning and guess what we saw????   Yep - the coyote!!!!!    A couple of times - Sparky went off to "play" with it, but I don't think it was to interested in a play date. The darn thing doesn't look as scruffy as when I first saw it, although I wasn't that close to it. Come to think of it - there are NOT a lot of rabbits in the forest these days - still lots of squirrels and raccoons.  Oh well - I will just have to take the camera EVERY DAY!!!!


It's been like a sweat shop here and NOT just because of the heat outside.  Got focused on quilting and I've been a quilting machine.

Customer quilt

Another customer quilt

Cute pattern on this one
 Dare I say that I am almost up to date with the customer quilts. I do have quilts in the queue for September, and trying to DIVERT everything that comes in until then. Amazing how many calls I get - "oh you are taking the summer off", "oh you can't do it now". Good grief - what about my regular customers, what about my life??????   I am NOT just sitting here waiting for quilts to come in - especially since I have a LIST now.

Got a bit more quilting to do today and then I am taking a breather for a bit. Yeah - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was Monday Motivators and we had an AWESOME day. Love sitting in the room, listening to all the conversations. All the stories, so much fun.

Karen came with BIG hopes of getting lots of backings done. This is one of her tops - pretty neat. 


Joyce was celebrating a "special" birthday. Complete with cake and presents!!!!

Me - well I sat in the corner and got to work. I spent a fair amount of time fixing these safari quilts. I had to rip off the top two borders and then a row of squares (which wasn't easy considering I spun the seams on the back, so had to resew the end of EACH seam), then reassembled. I am happy with the results. I will be writing the designer. Put it back in the project box and only later in the day, did I remember that I was supposed to make the binding as well. Plus buttonhole around the applique. Oh well - another day.


Safari quilts - FIXED

You remember those bright squares that Mary was working on at the retreat????

Bright batik squares
 Well I had promised Mary that I would get to work on mine, since she needs a couple of extra squares and I have LOTS.


Got THIRTY SIX blocks done

Still have ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY FOUR to go. 


Now Mary is the ONLY one who has diverted me from my 2012 shelf. I must have a chat with her. The blue braid that I worked on at the retreat. That was NOT on the shelf, but I had cut that ages ago and I had cut enough for TWO quilts - one for Mary and one for myself. I needed to split the pieces apart - and she had been bugging me, so that is why that ended up at the retreat. And then she started on this project at the retreat and well - I just had to get her off my back!!!!   At least it did NOT involve anything NEW NEW. Both were UFOs.


On that note - I have an extremely busy day ahead and I must get started.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment