Saturday, July 14, 2012

Don't talk to me - I'm busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post the Dear Jane pictures in another blog - later today.

Wow, despite Marian's efforts to thwart my plans, I managed to get a LOT done yesterday. You see, I had to pick up some batting and where I get it is close to her house, so I stopped by. I actually stopped by with the intention of talking about our anniversary dinner, but NO that did not happen. In fact, I got EXTRA work from that visit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I wonder how that happened?????  

Anyway I headed home and got to work.

I got not ONE......................

Customer quilt NUMBER ONE

BUT


TWO customer quilts done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Customer quilt NUMBER TWO


DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to laugh because the second one I finished when the Tour de France was on. Hmmmmm - should I quilt one row and then watch some of the bike race???  Should I quilt it all and then go watch??????   I tell you that DAMN television just screws up my life. Thank god I do NOT watch on a regular basis. I did end up watching a bit of Tour de France and then went and finished this second quilt. Then back to Tour de France where I was so tired, I barely saw the end of the race.

Amazing how these guys can PUSH so hard and for so long. Just blows my mind.


Back to the quilting - I am on a roll - the next quilt is almost loaded and ready to go today. I've got a schedule set up and I am NOT deterring from it. I am so happy that things are moving along so nicely. It is SUCH a great feeling to know that I am moving forward, getting things done and having a schedule means I am not worrying about what should or shouldn't be done - I have already determined what is urgent - and what can wait. Who knew that a small piece of paper would make life so much more enjoyable. And I do NOT feel guilty about taking some time to goof around.

There is so much here - I could NOT buy another thing (well maybe some finishing stuff) and NEVER run out of things to schedule in my day FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I am working only a few days in advance, but the quilting schedule for the next THREE months (well until the end of September) is set. DO NOT ask me to push a quilt in there - AND the best part - some of these scheduled quilts have been around for a LONG time. I am excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And the even better part - I am NOT adding to the confusion. A lot of my friends are ALWAYS on shops hops, quilt shows, trips to the US. I certainly do NOT want my legacy to be how many shopping trips I took or how much I bought. My passion is creating the stuff - I don't even care what happens to it when I am done (OK - I care enough to not just GIVE it all away - so DO NOT ask).

Marian and I were talking about this the other day - while I am a VERY FRIENDLY person, I am not a great SOCIAL person. I really enjoy time to myself sewing up a storm, reading or whatever else comes to mind.

While I am watching Tour de France, I am trying to get the paper out of Dragon Star. I am probably half done. Yeah - the BEST part (NOT!!!) of paper piecing. But it is a great thing to do in front of the TV. I will be so glad when Tour de France is over - then I will unslave myself from that IDIOT box. Do you know how many ads there are???   And how many of them are PROMOTING other shows - I mean - get real - let's find something else to do with our time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (OK - that was for me - you can watch TV if you want - but if you gave it up - you would be amazed at how freeing it is!!!!!)


Removing paper from Dragon Star. 


When I was at Ruti's the other day - oh yes - see I still buy things. I went to get knitting needles to make that afghan. They did NOT have the needles, but I did manage to get the little knitting bag. And they didn't even ask me what colour I wanted!!!!!   GO figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My little ORANGE knitting bag. Now I am an OFFICIAL knitter!!!!!
Haven't had much chance to work on my little block, but I will get there once the paper is removed from Dragon Star.


On that note - I am playing chauffeur today and it is going to take a LONG time, but I still have ONE quilt to get done, so I am off to get started.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment