Friday, July 13, 2012

Spring Has Sprung Reveal for June

  
Yikes - we had our $10 class on the 4th Saturday in June and I sent out the homework (I think??) and then I completely forgot to post the pictures. I am LOSING it.

Here are the pictures for Spring has Sprung...............


Spring has Sprung - the pattern



Linda M

Kathie

Linda P - YES -  this is the same pattern (well most of it) 

Linda P - YES  - she is making TWO colourways. Looks so different in the bright. 

Kathleen - did a different block but from same pattern

Mary D - did different blocks but from same pattern

Barb - who is completely finished the top




Kay T






Joyce


Kay N

Mary M


Diane was ill and didn't get to the homework.


Pretty impressive ladies!!!!


Liz worked on the Simply Squares from the book and she is done the top.
Simply Squares (from the book)


Liz' quilt top



Susan is working on Grandma's Country Album and here are her two blocks for this month..............


Grandma's Country Album


Block one for Susan

Block two for Susan



Great job everyone. All the work is VERY IMPRESSIVE and I know the quilts at the end will be gorgeous.




Just a note about MAINTENANCE. You know how it is - you have to maintain EVERYTHING including your body in order to keep it working properly. My laptop needs MAINTENANCE. Holy cow - the stupid thing was running HOT HOT HOT. The fan was running at high speed and it was getting annoying. I finally broke down and called HP. I got a wonderful lady and she asked me if I had upgraded the BIOS. Hmmmmm - I don't think so. She walked me through the process and we FLASHED that bios and then we went through the start up menus and got rid of a TON of stuff that was running in the background that didn't need to be there and my LAPTOP is running in TIP TOP shape this morning. The silly thing is virtually SILENT and the keyboard is NOT hot. This is amazing and apparently this FLASHING thing is something we should do every FOUR MONTHS. I've had the laptop for a couple of years and never done that. And I asked about the CHILL PADS - NOT necessary if the laptop stays on a flat surface.

Speaking of maintenance - well I was out on my bike last night. YES in that heat. We did 45 KM including some hill training. Actually the thought of going out was worse than going out. Once you were out - it was fine. It was an AWESOME ride. Then up bright and early to get back to the gym for TEAM FITNESS. Maria wasn't there this morning, but Aaron was. What a slave driver - he was almost worse than Maria. But I RAN - I actually RAN - 6 MPH and an incline of about 4% or something like that. Now it was only for a couple of minutes, but I NEVER do that.

Then I was talking to a couple of ladies in the group. They always hit the pool after our class. And I thought WHY NOT!!!   So I hope to take a book and sit at the outdoor pool - maybe tomorrow or Sunday. I mean the pool is there - it is hot and it is part of the membership!!!!!


On that note - I am now getting ready to get to work - well I have a few errands to do and then I'm back at the machine.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment