Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 63 - St. Louis de Kent - a rest day

Slept in this morning.  Didn't crawl out of my tent until about 7 AM.  Aw what a luxury!   Although technically I don't have to get up at 6 on the other days - I could stretch it out a bit since I am pretty organized and it doesn't take long for me to get ready to ride.

Had breakfast - cereal and John made up yummy toast in the frying pan.  Couldn't beat that - it was almost better (ok - so it was better than the toaster back home!)  A nice table spoon of marmalade would have been nice, but strawberry jam had to suffice.

After breakfast - our camp site resembled a bike shop.  It seemed that everyone got into the bike cleaning mode.  There were bike parts strewn all over the place, cleaning, new chains, new tires - you name it - people were busy.  I just managed to clean my chain and cleaned the rims of the wheels again.  Pretty dirty. 

This is the last rest day of the trip.  I think a number of people are getting antsy to get the trip over with.  I know at this stage that it was hard to believe that we had all come so far.  Another eight days to ride and then we will all go our separate ways.  Yikes - that seemed to go quick!

After I cleaned my bike - I vegged out in a lawn chair and read.  This is an old Micheal Crichton book - maybe his first.  I picked it up in the laundry room of one of the camp sites - copyright - 1968.  Craig accurately guessed the year.  How did he do that????   Anyway - it is a good book and probably will finish it tonight.  Although I may take up some knitting this afternoon.

The sky started up blue, but has clouded over although we still see bits of blue here and there.  The important thing - NO RAIN.   Although there is a bit shelter that we could sit if the rain starts.

I was going to walk into St. Louis de Kent to get something to eat for lunch and dinner when one of the girls from the camp site office drove past and offered me a lift.  SURE - I know - my Fitbit groaned!!!!!    But she was on her way to town for lunch and I went to the Co-op to get something to eat and then she gave me a life back home.  How lazy can you get.   Yes - I have really done NOTHING all day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am going to try and load some pictures this afternoon.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!!

Craig updating his blog.  He had to sit by the electrical box!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment