Wednesday, September 9, 2020

It's all about the music


A totally crazy day. I don't even know why I say that anymore since every day is crazy. I got a lot of paperwork done, but not as much as I would have liked. Hence, I didn't finish the class descriptions for my classes. HOWEVER, I'm going to give you what I have. And that's the information for classes on EQ8.

Note - the class platform is on ZOOM. Zoom is free, but you will need EQ8. I would strongly suggest that you link in through your tablet or a second computer, and use EQ8 on another computer. If not, then you just have to switch windows - I think we can make it work.


Electric Quilt 8 – Beginner
Sunday, October 25
Time: 1 pm – 3 pm
Cost: $30.00
This class is for total newbies to EQ8 or those that haven't touched it in a while. We're going to look at the interface and the tools for building a basic block and a basic quilt, as well as the options for printing (cutting requirements and quilts) and exporting pictures.  




Electric Quilt 8 – Building a quilt using panels
Sunday, November 1
Time: 1 pm – 3 pm
Cost $30.00
Panels are a great way to play with EQ8. You'll learn how to bring a panel into EQ8, and from there, the sky will be the limit for design. We'll be playing around with various borders, fussy cutting fabrics, and a whole lot more.




Electric Quilt 8 – Advanced
Sunday, November 8
Time: 1 pm – 3 pm
Cost: $30.00
We'll look at some of the more advanced features of EQ8 – this will depend on the class participants, as I want to make sure we cover something off for everyone.



Sorry - that last one is kind of weak - I haven't had time to check out the specific tools I'll touch on. For those that sign up for that class, we can discuss the content before the class.


If you are interested in any of the three classes, then e-mail me. Put "EQ8 class" in the title of the e-mail, or it risks getting lost.


And now on with the day.

I got a bite from somewhere. At first, I thought it was a mosquito bite. Alas, it is not. Afterbite does nothing for it! It doesn't look so angry this morning, but it's still annoying. Bottom line? I'll live.


An angry bite


On the walk yesterday morning, I noticed that this bush in my neighbor's front yard is still madly blooming, even into September. This is the same bush where I saw the bee/wasp several weeks ago. It's a Rose of Sharon bush, and it's gone mad. The reason I snapped the photo, and it's tough to see, but it has mostly purple/pink flowers. However, right at the very top are SOLID PINK flowers - a totally different color than the rest of the bush. I might have to get one of these bushes. It's gorgeous. I wonder if they water it???


Rose of Sharon bush


I managed to get the backing cut for my next project that's going to be moved to the "to be quilted" pile. I didn't get farther than that, but that's OK. Another bolt bites the dust. The small bit leftover (30") went into the blue fabric basket.


The start of backing for a quilt

My job for the afternoon was to quilt this customer quilt. It's a T-shirt quilt made with T-shirts from music concerts. There are over 30 T-shirts. That's a LOT of concerts! And it's HUGE. Almost 95" square. That was a bit daunting in itself, but what was even more daunting is that the back was also T-shirt material made from the backs of the T-shirts!!!

The T-shirt quilt
However, the T-shirts were well stabilized, except for two spots. This was right along the edge of the quilt, and YES - that edge is wobbly. My APQS Millennium went through all those layers like they were butter. Even over the rubbery bits. And there were lots of seams on the back and on the front. No issues.


One of two small areas that were NOT stabilized

I chose a variegated grey thread, and it worked just beautifully throughout the various colored T-shirts.


Variegated grey thread


The grey thread totally disappears here

And here on the purple

Let's just say the quilt is heavy!!!! I now have the pleasure of trimming it, but I don't think that's going to happen today.


The front of the quilt


The back of the quilt

Thanks to the generosity of everyone, I should be able to buy not just one roll of batting for the Quilts of Valour quilts, but I'm on the way to having money to buy a second one. That would be so awesome and allow me to keep going! Thanks to you all for that. I truly appreciate it!! If you wish to make a donation (any amount is acceptable), you can e-mail me.

While the long arm was going and I had to babysit that quilt a bit more than most because of the size and the T-shirts, I had my Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC 2 doing embroidery. I'm not sure I'm happy with what I did, but everything is an experiment. Hopefully, there will be more experimenting today. I have another presentation this evening, so I'll be getting ready for that, as well.

Embroidery happening on this side of Studio B


 But do you notice how clean the floor is? Oh - Little Bear's bed is on the floor, as is the accessory case that I was snapping a photo of. But other than that - it's pretty wide open. I'm pleased and proud of that fact. It's so easy to get around to everything and no tripping.

On that note, I'm out of here. I've got a date with Joseph - the spin instructor!

 Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment