Monday, December 14, 2020

Making a list and checking things off

OK -- so that was totally weird. Google went down - no e-mail, no blog, no calendar. Hmmm - it's back up, so I'll quickly edit this and get it online. But it means I'm now even later than I was. I slept in this morning - it's a long story and involves barking dogs at 1 AM. MY DOGS. And why were my dogs outside at 1 AM? I'm not even going there.  




Yesterday was a crazy day as I had three separate Zoom sessions. Just tying up loose ends from the end of the year with the online classes. I'll be sharing that Show and Tell with you this week. 

Since I've been working on finishing up some of these projects, I don't have a whole of other things to share with you. 

Let's have a look at the UFO club today. I have some openings in the club as a couple of people opted out, and I know that some of you have contacted me. Hopefully, I'll be sending you an e-mail today to let you know the scoop and get your homework assignment recorded! 

This club has been such a HUGE motivator for me. I still have a couple of items on my Master UFO list that I want to knock off before the end of the year. Now that things have subsided somewhat (I'm not out of the woods yet as I have a few things that still need to be done before Christmas), I hope to get to work on finishing those. 

I did some puttering in  Studio B as well. I don't know how clutter happens. I have a small area where I'm storing the current projects - the ones that I really would like to get finished. This area NEVER seems to decrease in size. As a matter of fact, it just seems to stay the same. I guess that's because there's never a time in the schedule to work on that stuff after I work on the stuff that needs to be done! How to find a couple of extra hours in the day? 

The current pile table - one of them


Well, being better at time-management will help. Cutting down on travel certainly helped. Walking the amount that I do costs me a couple of hours each day, but that's a good reason to lose a couple of hours. 

I did manage to consolidate a bunch of stuff onto ONE table. I think that most of this stuff should go back onto the shelves. I'm not going to get to it anytime soon, and it looks messy. 



The second table of current projects


But I cleared one table, except for that sewing machine which I could move somewhere else. Now I have a dedicated spot to open up a jigsaw puzzle. Yeah!!

An almost empty work station


And the last table in this grouping houses the extra sergers, sewing machines, and embroidery accessories. Remember that not all that stuff belongs to me! 

The sewing machine supply table


But enough about that. I will get it totally under control. It's so much better than it's ever been. There's NOTHING on the floor, and other than what you see in the pictures, everything else is put away. Oh yes - the ironing board, my sewing table, and the cutting station are CLEAR. Well, I'll just keep plugging away and see what I can get done by the end of the year. 

So let's have a look at the UFO show and tell. Well - perhaps we won't see today. I'm getting an error that it doesn't want to upload any more pictures for today. Now how can that be? 

Well, I have one more picture to share with you, and it is related to the UFO homework. These are the two sunflowers that I made. They are now sewn to the block, which you'll see tomorrow, but what I love is that after sewing all those seams, the two sunflowers (Dresden Plate) blocks are absolutely FLAT!!


Dresden Plate blocks (sunflowers) are flat

It's always a crapshoot when sewing these together. Will they be flat? Meaning that the ¼" seam allowance is absolutely correct? Or will they have a wobble because the seam allowance wasn't quite right? Well, the stars were in alignment because they were perfect! I love perfect - or at least a situation where I don't have to fudge, and no fudging was required!

I see that the current pile of paperwork doesn't seem to be decreasing very quickly. I must get myself organized and try and make some of that go away today. 


I've got to run - the Google issue made me late. So far, the day hasn't started well!


Have a great day!!


Ciao!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment