Thursday, December 17, 2020

Running on empty

 

My bobbin ran out this morning, my headphones are almost out of juice, and my Fitbit needed to be charged! But that's all good - it means that I'm using all of those things. What I need to remember is to attach the Fitbit to my arm before I walk the girls. Last week, I forgot, and I missed counting 5 KM. GRRR! 

Hey -- every step counts, and as I do the countdown to the end of the year, I still have a couple of challenges that I'm closely monitoring. I need to be at 50% for my personal cross-Canada virtual walk - I'm currently at 48%. One more personal challenge needs less than 80 K to finish, and we need to keep on track to get to 60% on our group walk across the country. All is good - just don't forget to put the Fitbit on!!!

I'm happy to report that I made good progress quilting the customer quilt and working on my Cherrywood challenge. For the challenge, I have many components to make before I can start assembling the final project. All is going as planned, so that's a good thing. I figure another couple of hours, and the components will be finished. Then assemble and finally quilting. 

But I have to put that away as I have a customer quilt to make and quilt before Christmas. I know - don't go there! It's a T-shirt quilt, so it doesn't require a lot of intricate piecing. That's going to be my focus over the weekend. 

Yes, I know I'm a wee bit late, but some of my Christmas cards are in the mail, more are going in the mailbox this morning. 


I got these photos from someone who watched one of my video presentations, and with her permission, I'm sharing them with you. 


An expensive kitty hammock




OH MYG OD -- that's hilarious! Those kitty cats love the long arm! Thankfully Murphy is a bit too large for that, but she'd be up there if she could. 

And one of them just had to check out what I was saying on the video! It must have been something inspiring - that cat looks mesmerized. 


Cat checking me out on video!


I did manage to eke out a bit of handwork the other day. The eyes went on the toy soldiers and the snowman. Santa got eyes and cheeks, and the smoke got done on the house. 



Hand embroidery FINISHED on these blocks.



These are blocks from the Vintage Christmas quilt. 

Vintage Christmas book



Here's my box of blocks! 

41 of 42 blocks - DONE


I have one more that needs some hand stitching - the choo-choo train. As well, there is some hand stitching for the Quilter's Patch butterfly blocks. I hope to get that done at the Virtual Retreat this weekend. I do have a big tub of handwork that needs to be addressed, and perhaps I'll dig out one of the projects this weekend and try to get it done! There are so many things that are very close to being finished, but not finished! It's so sad!! I'm making inroads, so there is no need to be sad - let's just get it done!


Hand stitching waiting to be done


I managed to get the sashing cut for one of my Christmas Fig quilts. So that's cut - I wasn't sure if I would have enough sparkly white fabric left. I did, but just enough. I didn't have to piece any of the sashings, but I would have had to piece if I had needed one more. Now I need to find some more white to finish off the second quilt. 


Leftover background fabric from Christmas Fig

The sashing and cornerstones for Christmas Fig


Here are my stacks of prepped work. However, I just looked at the calendar - Christmas is next Friday. Yikes!!! OK -- let's kick this focus thing into high gear. I have one complete quilt to make and three quilts to quilt and bind. All MUST be done as they are Christmas gifts. Guess what I'll be focusing on in the next couple of days!


Prepped work


Here's the situation in Studio B this morning. The big tubs of samples are packed up and ready to move out today. As well as a couple of sewing machines. And in the middle of that string of stuff is the rest of what needs to be put away after I sort through it. By tonight, this area will look much better. BUT the sorting will have to wait a day or two. 

Space in Studio B



So speaking of bobbins running low, I have to share this story with you. Here's the message that pops up on the PFAFF creative icon. Note the second sentence, "It is possible to continue to sew without closing the pop-up.".  If you close the pop-up, you'll just get the same message over and over again. It's annoying, so you leave the pop-up open. 




On one of the forums I belong to, I saw that a lady was complaining that she was wasting a lot of bobbin thread as her machine gave her this pop-up, and so she changed the bobbin. Well, the purpose of the pop-up is to let you know that you're running low, but you can keep sewing. I can't believe that she didn't try to continue sewing. Nope - she had a whole stack of almost empty bobbins and was complaining. Have you ever noticed that most complaints result from operator error? I know - it's happened to me. 

 Oh well - it was good for a laugh. 


Speaking of the PFAFF creative icon, guess what? There's a NEW PFAFF creative icon 2 scheduled to hit stores in May. Here's a video to see a sneak peek of what it's all about. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Just scroll down to see the video. Oh my - the things it can do!! 



Don't forget the Virtual Retreat this weekend. 


Saturday, December 19   - from 6 PM  - 9 PM. 

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82830374208?pwd=NFA2d1hOaFFwcEdhNFoveWlWeCs3QT09 Meeting ID: 828 3037 4208 Passcode: 150354


Sunday, December 20 - from 10 AM - 8 PM

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83501535963?pwd=aXNvRXdzZG02NllIenB3V0M5NUpxUT09 Meeting ID: 835 0153 5963 Passcode: 032336



On that note, I'm out of here!!!


Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment