Friday, February 28, 2014

Hopscotch


My favourite pattern for a quick and easy quilt is Hopscotch. This pattern was designed by the ladies at The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

I have made MANY versions of this quilt and so has everyone else!!!!   The other day, I told Jeanne and Shelley that if they had a dollar for every Hopscotch quilt made - they would be RICH!!!!!

Here are a couple of the latest ones done...........
Ronda bought this flannel kit from The Quilt Patch. The pieces are a big bigger than the normal one - but it is awesome. She got the top together at my most recent Sit n Sew. Oh yes - I press that quilt for her!!!!!


This is the latest one that I have made. This was made for our Outreach program at a local guild.  We got a bundle of 8 FQs and were to make something. I didn't like all the colours together so I split the bundle, added some of my own fabric and got this great kids quilt.  I really like the way it turned out.    Now I have another one on the go (with the remainder of the bundle and more of my fabric).  I was hoping to have it finished yesterday at my Thursday sew day, EXCEPT I cannot count and I cut too many of one piece and not enough of another - so I dug out the extra fabric last night and will get working on it later. 

Got the binding made and need to get the backing an binding. 


I will dig up some of the various versions of Hopscotch. I can't right now as I am on my way for my WAY OVERDUE physical this morning. And because I am getting my blood work done - NO BREAKFAST.   I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!   I better not have to wait long!


And I would have had more time to blog this morning except that I spent a LOT of time trying to find a specific picture. Now I did find the picture, but only the BLOG version (that means the resolution is NOT good enough for the purpose that I need. )   Oh dear - that means I had better get those pictures tagged and sorted into proper folders. Then this tedious task would NOT have been an issue.   Oh yes - there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of pictures to go through. Thank goodness with the Windows Photo Gallery - it is fairly easy to go through them but still a time consuming project.  There are TONS that need to be deleted. OK - got to schedule some time for that.   BUT I also found some amazing pictures that I need to do something with - great memories!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment