- TUTORIAL - Twirling Seams
- TUTORIAL - Y Seams
- TUTORIAL - Fusible Applique
- TUTORIAL - Appliqued Circles
- TUTORIAL - Trimming Blocks
- TUTORIAL - Quarter Square Triangles
- TUTORIAL - Starch method of applique prep
- TUTORIAL - Size of squares required for Half Square Triangles and Quarter Square Triangles
- TUTORIAL - 2013/2014 Block of the Month
- TUTORIAL - 2013/2014 Block of the Month (Part Two)
- TUTORIAL - Making an eight-pointed star
Sunday, June 22, 2014
A sad day................
Jo-Ann (owner of Cockadoodle Quilts which closed last year) died yesterday. She had been ill for quite some time and was admitted to palliative care late last week.
I met Jo-Ann many years ago - she was a student in a class I was teaching at The Hobby Horse. She arrived late to the class because she got lost in her red convertible on the way there. I will never forget that day! We had a good laugh about that. Jo-Ann's presence filled every room that she occupied. Someone described Jo-Ann as a "diamond in the rough". That describes Jo-Ann to a tee!!!!
I loved Cockadoodle Quilts and the Friday night sewing. Jo-Ann could cook up a super meal in no time and I thoroughly enjoyed her hospitality. We had loads of fun with our Christmas Club and reading all about what was happening in her life and at the store on her blogs.
It just so happens that I am riding in The Healing Cycle bike ride today. This ride supports Palliative Care in Ontario. If you would like to make a donation - you can do so at this link. Donation I do realize that many of you have already supported my bike rides this year. Check this link if you would like to learn more about Palliative Care. The premise of Palliative Care is to provide comfort and support to a patient with a terminal illness and their family.
I am happy to know that Jo-Ann was being cared for in such an environment.
Rest in Peace Jo-Ann. You will be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And on that note - I am out of here to get dressed.
Have a great day!!!!!!!