Tuesday, May 11, 2021

All in a Row show and tell

 

It was a pretty intense day - Monday sewing, walking, prepping for a class, and then presenting the class. BUT all is good. Another busy day today, but things are prepped - well, a wee bit more tweaking, but I'm ready!

OK -- I know - you're all waiting to hear how I made out with those darn pineapple blocks. LOOK!!!


The four pineapple blocks


They are DONE!!! And now ALL the blocks for this quilt are done!! I'm shocked - this would never have happened years ago, and it would have become a UFO. It's such a motivating group!!!! I made the coloring in the blocks totally random, and I love that. The paper is removed, and I got one piece of sashing attached to the blocks. I think I have five seams left to sew, and then the quilt top is together minus the borders, which we are discussing this weekend. I did see one more wee spot that I want to tweak, so I'm going to get it done by the weekend. Yeah!!!!  This is good because I'm behind on some of the other projects, and I need to get myself in gear as more classes are coming up. Actually, there is only Long Time Gone and the UFO club this weekend. Hey -- I might just make all my commitments!!!


I decided to change things up a bit yesterday morning. Instead of walking the girls individually, I took them both to the dog park. Now I remember why I don't walk them together often. They are just not compatible together! One wants to go, and I don't need to tell you who that is, and the other one needs to sniff each and every post and tree along the way. But they were not all that bad. I'd do it again. They had no clue where they were going, and Lexi seemed to enjoy it more than Murphy. What's that all about? I think Murphy just wants to play with her ball at the park. 

Dog park friends



They had lots of other big dogs to play with, and Murphy didn't seem like her usual bully self, which was good. Murphy was quite happy to spend some time and get ready to come home. Miss Lexi? Not so much. When I did get my hands on her, I didn't have her harness in my hand, so she tried to twist and turn and get her collar off. Well, two can play this game. 

I picked her up and carried her to the table where her harness was. There were some workers nearby, and they got a chuckle out of that. How humiliating for the dog!!! I don't care! She was NOT escaping from my grasp. Next time, I'll keep the harness with me. It's a nice day this morning, so I might go back. 

So while I sewed and took photos and video all afternoon, you have to be part of my education series to enjoy what I'm doing. The more I do, the more I learn and explore and, well, lots of very creative tools. And there are so many ideas floating in my head that I can't keep track of everything. I'm pretty much done with all the major prep work for those presentations. Now comes the fun part - making more complex samples and inspiration for the groups to enjoy. 

And let's not forget the software which has tons of things to explore as well. 


I don't think I posted the homework from All in a Row. If I did - well, we get to see it twice. 

Here's the book that we're working from. 


All in a Row Again 



 Remember, this quilt is done in rows. There are quite a few rows in the books and then some filler rows. Each of the quilts will be totally different as people pick the rows for their quilts. 


These first two pictures are Cathy's tulips.

Cathy's tulips

The second part of Cathy's tulips


Cathy is also adding the owls to her quilt. These owls are so darn cute!!!!  


Cathy's owl


And this row is also Cathy's. It's one of the filler rows called twigs. 

Cathy's twig row



And here are Kathi's rows to date. She has made the tulips and the butterflies, the cabanas, and the trees. 

Kathi's All in a Row blocks



Both of them are mostly up-to-date but still need to do some of the stitching around the applique shapes. There are others in the class; I just didn't get homework pictures from them. 


I'm making two rows of trees - one row is done, the other is cut and ready to sew. The Snail's Trail blocks are almost done, and I'm NOT making the beach houses. I'm not making the tulips or the butterflies, but I'm making the twig row. It's cut but not sewn. And I'm also making the owls, and they are fused in place, and I need to finish the stitching. Thankfully all of that sewing will NOT take nearly as much time as the Long Time Gone quilt. I hope to rip through all that, but several other projects need some work. 

Progress - that's all we care about - a little bit of progress each day is all we can do. It's the days when you don't make progress that there's an issue. 

I still need to touch base with Microsoft about a couple of things in my software. I think the email thing might be a server issue. I think I got five e-mails this morning. Five? That's not normal. I'd be happy with five. At least the important ones came through, but where are the others? I feel the provider has been playing with the SPAM filters, and that's been an issue with my e-mail. But hopefully, they can get rid of the garbage that is a common thing. 

Today is a bit of a busy day - I'm not even going to go there, and I still have that writing that is staring me in the face and needs to be done. 

But what amazes me is that every day, there's something new to learn. I can't believe how much there is to learn, and sometimes, it's because I get asked questions, and I don't know the answer, but I search out the answer, and then I learn something! It's trying to retain all that information is the key!!!  But if I found it once, I can find it again. 

A couple of notes about dates: it looks like I might have FIVE free days at the end of the month. Yes - we were planning to get away for the weekend, but it appears the lockdown will be extended, so that little side trip isn't going to happen. I am NOT booking anything into those five days - I need it to catch up!! 

And if you're planning on coming to the next virtual retreat - the dates are May 22 (evening) and May 23 (all-day). So mark that on your calendars. I'll be posting the links that week. 


On that note, I'm out of here! 


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment