Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a GOOD news, BAD news days

Where should I start? With the good? with the bad?

Well let's start with some good news..............

Check out this link to see the submissions for the second Mystery by Sherri at This and That Patterns.

This and That


Did you read all the way to the end of that first posting???   Did you see the FIFTH picture????   Yes - that was ME!!!!!!!     I WON - I WON!!!!!!    That was very exciting. I shall post when I get my prize. Can't wait!!!!

I haven't started the Mystery Number3 yet. This next Monday she will post the first sewing instructions and then I will start.  Hey - wouldn't do to be up to date now would it????  Always with any mystery - I DO NOT start to cut until I see the sewing instructions. ALWAYS.


And now for the bad news.........................


Went to see the doctor yesterday to get the results of the MRI. Well - first thing the doctor says to me when I get there. You DID NOT tell me your knee was this bad. HA!!!   And I had to practically beg her to send me for the MRI. She should know by how often I go see her that I only go when something is serious. DUH!!!!!!   Next time - I will definitely be more vocal about my symptoms. Bottom line - the meniscus (cartiledge - although I don't remember which one - there is one at the side and one at the back) is torn. This is what we thought the problem was. But the MRI went on all doom and gloom and said there was serious swelling, severe bruising and I forget what else the report said. I NEED to read the damn thing before it sinks in my head and where was Marian to ask all the pertinent questions?????    Bottom line - my doctor is sending me to a surgeon. Next time she better listen to me!!!!!  

I am a tad worried (I don't worry much though) because the knee was starting to feel not bad by the time I had the MRI so I'm thinking it was in REALLY BAD shape before!   It still has its moments and I still haven't got on a bicycle. I need to though (just a short ride) to see what is going to happen. It may be a while before I make it to see the surgeon and I need to get some training under my belt. I still know that something is wrong - the back of the knee is NOT RIGHT and that is probably where the tear is. And the even BETTER BAD news - this is in a position where it can't really heal on its own.

Well - I will keep you posted as to what happens. Don't expect a  miracle (I will be though) - I imagine the wait to see the surgeon will take months.


But wait - there is MORE good news (but not nearly as good as what I already said)

Remember that customer quilt that I was repairing. Well after washing it and washing it - I am finally able to see what design was quilted into it. Yeah - the pictures did NOT turn out well, but hopefully it will be enough to get it quilted the same way.

The bad news - convincing the customer that it was NOT quilted how they think it was. Hopefully the pictures will convince her.





See what I mean. I could see the impression of the quilting when I held up the quilt back, but not that easy to take a photograph.   I will recreate the quilt in EQ7 and superimpose the quilting motifs over it. Then we can put this one to bed - well Pat is going to quilt it - then we can put it to bed.


More good news - I finished hand stitching the binding on the customer quilt. Now just to get the label on.


More bad news - I was out walking those silly girls this morning and came across this.

Now we had a WICKED wind last night.
A downed tree

Not just any tree, but a HUGE pine tree. 

This is the stump - look at how close the tree fell to the stump which is about FIVE feet tall

Very bad break!!!!!

About FIVE feet of the trunk was damaged as the tree was TWISTED by the wind

Normally only the tops blow off these trees


Now you are wondering why this is bad new??????   Well look at what I have in my back yard...................


Right outside my back yard!!!!!!


The good news is that the wind will blow this tree away from the house when it goes over!!!!!    Look at the branches - they are heading away from the house.



More good news - I just got Janet Evanovich's Explosive Eighteen (latest Stephanie Plum book) from the library this morning. And I checked out the trailer for the upcoming movie.

The bad news - The movie isn't out until January 27, but I guess I can wait that long to see it!!!!!



I am really running behind this morning. I had best go and get the day started. There is so much to do - it is one of those days of "where the heck do I start?"

I have loads to update for tomorrow - 12 for 12, reveal of projects (mine and my groups) and lots more.



Have a great day!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let one of those trees fall on my dog! I miss her a lot but I think Jim misses her even more... It's very quiet at night.

    We are having fun - Bev had a good class yesterday on long arm quilting and I am off today to my appliqué class. Tomorrow the quilt show opens.

    Dr. Phil was interesting - more for the behind the scenes than the topic that day. Robin is only 3 feet tall and looks older in real life. He wears a Lot of make up!

    Give my doggy a squeeze for me!
    Marian


    P.S. Sorry about your knee. Just DO what the Dr. says.

    ReplyDelete