Friday, January 13, 2012

What have I done???

A few days ago, I had a weak moment and SIGNED UP FOR AN ONLINE class. Not a quilt class, but a writing class!!!!!  


Actually I am very excited about this. It is through Sheridan College and it totally ONLINE. The class started today and I just logged into the BLACKBOARD (this is the software that runs the class). All I can say is that the process is amazing but I hope I don't get lost in all the links.  Better make sure that I keep the ASSIGNMENT due dates close at hand.

Now what is the course????   GRAMMAR for the Professional Writer. Oh dear - I had better watch what I say and I won't be allowed "NO MORE" punctuation faux pax!!!!!     It is going to be fun!!!!!!



Yesterday was a great day - although I did NOT get anything done on the customer stuff, I had a lot of fun with O Tannenbaum. So sorry - can't post pictures!!   Don't want to give anything away for those students of mine. Let's just say that EVERYTHING takes a LOT longer than you think it will take. More photocopying, more cutting, more sewing - MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!


I did get the binding on that customer quilt and listened to one more CD while I stitched. So yes progress is being made - just not fast enough for me.


For those in Elm Creek - here is another completed quilt top. Linda from Monday Motivators brought this in this past week.


Bottom half of the quilt

Top half of the quilt

The entire quilt

I think Linda did a great job!!!   Yes - if you look close - she did substitute a few blocks for those that she felt were too challenging for her. What a great variety of colour!!!!    SUPER JOB Linda!!!!!


I am still loving my iPad as my radio in the studio. It works like a charm - my only complaint - when I first turn it on the volume is preset and it is LOUD. But I have a handy remote that I can MUTE the sound, up and down as I please from wherever. OK - I don't use this. Imagine carrying the remote around and my cell phone and the home phone. I need one of those fisherman vests or carpenter tool belt where I can put all these things!!!!!

Nope - I think I will set the volume when I turn it on and leave it like that. And the phones - well if I get to it - I will answer - otherwise - I have voicemail!!!!!


Remote for the iPad. 



OH MY GOD   - I have to run - I have a crisis. I just got an e-mail from the editor of a magazine that I offered to write an article for and it is DUE. And so is the one for A Needle Pulling Thread. I have NO TIME to be quilting today.


Have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Linda I love your quilt. The colour combination is amazing.

    ReplyDelete