Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I said NO!!!!!!

Remember the other day when I said I was DISGUSTED by something I found?  Well - in trying to clean up the shelf that I moved to the basement, I had to move some other things, which caused a chain reaction with some stuff. I decided to move all the quilt tops that need to be quilted to the basement. OMG - I was almost physically ill when I saw how many there are.


These are TOPS (with the binding and backing) waiting to be quilted. Some have been waiting a while!!!!!  I mean this is really sad because NONE of them really have a home or a purpose once they get quilted. Yet they are MINE!!!   Don't worry - I will think of good homes to put them to - but I am NOT ready to quilt them yet and once I do - I'll figure out something to do  with them. 

But look - there are ALREADY quilts in the basement waiting to be quilted - see that rack - this is the back of it - CRAMMED with quilts (all with backing and binding ready)

This is the front of the rack which is fuller than the back
And most of these ones are mine as well. And there is more   - plus everything that is ALMOST ready to be quilted. 

And then there is the 2012 shelf and still more waiting in the wings. OMG - how did this happen in just TEN years. OK - ten years is a long time!!!!!   My only saving grace is that it is ORGANIZED!!!!!   So yes - when I die and you all come to the funeral home - yep - you will all pretty much get a quilt top with the backing and batting to take home. Hopefully you all think I am worth more ALIVE rather than dead!!!!!  However I am sure there are days when someone wants to "off" me.


Well on Monday, Margo brought in a pattern (a Block of the Month) that she had found on the internet. Wasn't that expensive, but was very cute. I was TEMPTED - oh yes - I was TEMPTED, BUT I SAID NO!!!!

Itching to be Stitching


Honestly - when would I have the time to work on it. This year and something else gets pushed back, next year (there are already a HUGE pile of stuff waiting for next year). So I did myself a favour and said NO THANKS.

Wow - what a feeling - POWER, CONTROL. Yeah - there is hope for me!!!!!!



And yes I have been working on stuff - I like to help the guild out from time to time (OK - I've been doing a lot lately). I got TWO of these Senior Lap quilts complete and a third almost done.



Senior Lap Quilt - Number 1

Senior Lap Quilt - Number 2


I ran out of squares on the third one, but now I am ready to roll.


Then I evaluated my schedule for the next week and decided that I need to put Elm Creek aside for the moment and get to work on O Tannenbaum. I just LOVE this quilt and the more I work on it - the more I LOVE it. Hmmmmm - should I show you what I have done or should I keep it a secret until I see the group on Saturday.

Oh all right - I will show you. I am so excited!!!!!!


O Tannenbaum


I won't go into the details at the moment, but let's just say that I have LEARNED a LOT in what I have done so far. Imagine that - I am ALWAYS learning. I think I posted this comment a while back, but the comment was something to the effect that if you wanted to learn - you had to teach. Well teaching has made me learn loads!!!!!  

Yes - there is a whole story behind this quilt and it involves this......................



What is this mystery product??? And where did it come from and what am I going to do with it?????

You will have to wait until after the class until I reveal all.


Now if you think I am chained to the sewing machines - THINK AGAIN. I went out with my group (all the ladies yesterday were quilters!!!!!) and we hiked for ELEVEN KM.

Look at some of the scenery we saw....................


Someone was busy!!!!

Just starting 

Pretty cool when you look at how they do this

Close up

Then they cut the branches off

We walked in Brampton along the trails and again - who would know you were in the city. It was a gorgeous walk.

Anyway the pace was pretty good and I must say that my legs were feeling it when we finished the walk. I even had to have a nap in the afternoon. Oh dear!!!!   Although I am in relatively good shape, I am NOT used to walking like that nor for that distance. I need to practice more.

We stopped at McDonald's for our break and everyone had the seniors coffee - I had the oatmeal which is a very good snack if you are very out and looking for something to eat. It is available all day. Good alternative to a cookie or doughnut.


I did feel it in the night when I woke up with knee pain at 4:30 AM. But soon back to sleep which was a good thing. My doctor called and I have an appointment about my knee next week. I am wondering - is it a good thing or not?  Are they going to tell me "everything is OK" but just don't want to do that on the phone. Or - yes there was a problem, but everything seems to be healing OK and let's just keeping letting it heal, or "you need to stop cycling". I think my doctor is going to go for the latter!!!!!   But I am going with option one or two. My knee is so much better - still not about to run up the stairs, but getting close. I need to get on that bike now. Got the trainer set up - just need to get my butt on the seat.


When we were in the US, I pointed out to M the number of American flags that we saw hanging in people's windows or flying on a flag pole. When we were downtown Toronto last week - we saw this.

That is a STATEMENT!!!!   
We had a good laugh about it. Yes - we need to all keep a Canadian flag up. The rainbow - well if it fits your lifestyle - why not!!!!!!!!!


Now remember when I was complaining that I lost the battery AND the charger for my small camera. Drat - where it go????   We have two drawers side by side in the kitchen for NON-Kitchen stuff. One is just for batteries and chargers. The other one has phone books, catalogues - that sort of stuff. And when I dug out something from the phone book drawer - VOILA - there was the charger staring me in the face. SOMEONE put it in the wrong drawer. I'm not going to lay blame, but I can't imagine that I would have done that. Bottom line - I have my second battery again!!!!!   Just have to remember to take it with me for show n tells.


Spare battery and charger


I see it is time to get to work!!!!!   And yes - since I didn't get much quilting done yesterday, I MUST make today count or I am going to get behind and I don't like that.


Have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment