Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cleaning up the bits!!!!!


Had a bit of fun with my computer yesterday. I managed to get rid of ALL unwanted tool bars and I managed to reconfigure it so when I open Chrome - I get the PAGE that I want - plain OLD Google. Nothing more - nothing less. I should take note of the day and see how long it stays that way. Then I get popup messages from Internet Explorer saying that IE is NOT my current internet software - would I like to change? NO NO NO and STOP STOP STOP sending me these popups.

I will say that it took me only a few minutes to make all that happen. So the good news and one of my gratitudes for the day - I am TAKING CONTROL of the computer. Hmmmmm - don't seem to have luck with the spell check - is that how one spells gratitudes??????

We had a GREAT sit n sew day. The girls were busy - they kept me busy but I didn't seem to be doing a lot of ripping and pressing, but I was BUSY printing stuff for them off the computer. Dede got some of her Dear Jane blocks printed right on newsprint. Sorry to the others in the class - she came, she helped my cause and I owed her something in return since there wasn't much to press and rip for her. Mary also got some blocks (OK - just one) printed for her Elm Creek blocks and Helen Anne got her blocks for O Tannebaum. Yes - I was busy printing!!!!!    Gayle didn't need anything printed and I was helping her press.

I was so busy - I didn't get a chance to take pictures, but I did get this one. This was a quilt that Helen Anne was working on.................

Does this look familiar?????   Yep - this is the same as ................

my quilt!!!  (Patchwork Sampler by Lori Smith)


This was a $10 quilt in 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh NO - FIVE years ago. Well Helen Anne and I have both arrived at the same point. Actually Helen Anne was at one of my Sit n Sew days in September and she got me motivated to dig mine out and work on it. The funny thing was that when we were looking at them yesterday, we all realized that Dede had also been in the class. She did black and white.  Hmmm - I wasn't blogging at that time. I will see if I can find the picture.

Anyway we had a great day - thanks ladies for getting me motivated and for helping me raise money for The Ride to Conquer Cancer.

M got into the day as well and was working on a project for school, even though according to the Ministry of Education, they CANNOT work on projects at home (that is SO SAD that parents felt they were doing their kids a service by doing the work for them that they had to ban doing projects at home). Anyway - they are doing an upcycling project at school. We had bought a couple of items at the thrift store - I didn't check them when she bought them, but oh boy - I should have. She wanted a pair of denim pants which we got, but then she purchased a dress to get the lining for her little case. Apparently the dress had LOTS of seams in it, so there wasn't much that was usable and I paid $12 for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


What is left of the dress

At least I salvaged the buttons
 So we had a little lesson in HOW to buy garments for upcycling. I can't blame her - when you are NOT the one paying, you don't really care and never having done it - you don't really think about those things. But now she knows and I know to double check.


Then DH comes home from a conference with all kinds of little marketing marvels. I remember getting tons of this stuff and what do you do with it?????   He complains about the house being messy (well there is a lot less to complain about so he doesn't any more). Anyway - then he brings this kind of stuff home and expects ME to deal with it.

There were a couple of small flashlights and those are good for walking the dogs in the morning because some mornings it is PITCH black. It would be like taking a walk in the woods 100% BLIND. I do manage because I have walked those woods THOUSANDS of times so I sort of know the path, but in complete darkness, it can be a challenge.

Anyway - here are the other items and what I did with them.....................


A lanyard - it went in the purse making box for the hardware

This - what the heck is this???????

It can be flat or it snaps into a roll. I mean - come on marketing people - what is this????????????

However, I rescued the two snap things out of it - would be perfect for making that SNAP PURSE - the rest went in the garbage. 

And what is this???????

A light on a flexible wire. I am going to see if I can rig it up to the sewing machine. I find the area around the needle is a bit dark sometimes. I'll show you when I get it ripped up. 


After the girls left, I got busy and did stuff. E-mails that needed to be sent, paperwork that needed to be shredded or filed or sorted. Dug out patterns and made patterns for an exchange and made great headway on that. Sent some pictures - oh yes - it was a whirlwind of activity here. Prepared lesson plans for today's classes.

Thanks again for motivating me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I have to think about my class - this is the SECOND month in a row where HALF of the class has already notified me that they will NOT be attending. This is a bad thing - now I know that some are sick or have good reason to not be there, but HALF???? - two months running. And there are probably others that have not let me know they are not coming. Does that mean I am too nice and provide too much information via the blog and e-mail??????   I currently run TWO Dear Jane classes back to back, but I am thinking I will condense them into one. If I don't have to repeat the same info twice - why should I???????    Well - I will be evaluating the situation for next year as Dear Jane continues on into the new year.


Well on that note - I still have a bit of homework to get ready for class this morning.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Every people for cleaning is very important.Professional cleaners use for cleaning shampoo and powder and provide best carpet.


    home cleaning Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,
    There's a picture of DeeDees quilt in my flickr album from the following year. Let me know if you need the link. The 2007 photos aren't on flickr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I believe the snap thing is (was) for keeping a paper coffee cup warm (insulated)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree thats its for coffee, but more to protect your hands while drinking, it would have to be bigger and different shaped for insulation. Did he bring it home cuz its orange?

    ReplyDelete