Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reveal for DEAR JANE - October



I am PROUD of my students. Not just the Dear Jane students, but ALL of them. Many take on a class as a personal challenge and VERY FEW admit defeat. Some get caught up in life and get behind, some get a bit overwhelmed and downsize the project, but most of them forge ahead and PLUNGE in with BOTH feet.

When I think back to the students in Elm Creek or Dragon Star or - well there are so many - so many were taking a leap of faith and they have done amazingly well.

Dear Jane is NO EXCEPTION. This is a daunting quilt - the blocks are small, the pieces are fiddly and as we progress - I see so many of the students looking at the blocks and saying "that is EASY". Something they probably would NOT have said a couple of months ago. AWESOME JOB ladies - you ALL DESERVE a HUGE PAT on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am VERY PROUD of all of you. You are doing a magnificent job!!!!!


Let's have a look at the homework and you will see what I mean...............


Kathy (this is her FIRST quilting project!!!)

Joy

Linda

Bonnie

Jo

Anne SP

Elaine K

Sharon B

Chris

Anne

Suzi

Judy

Mary

Jeanette

Anna

Beth

Pauline

Marion

Cathy

Anita



Yes there were a number of people who could not attend yesterday - family events, illness, etc. I am certain they are all hard at work in getting their blocks done.

Is this NOT the most impressive display of work. I mean each one of those blocks represents a HUGE amount of work. And they are getting them done!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And if you are a bit behind - well - try not to get too far behind!!!   Come to a sit n sew day to get some help on the problem ones!!!!


IMPRESSIVE -


On that note - I had better get going. I LOST the afternoon yesterday and we went to a dinner party last night so I LOST an entire day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment