Monday, October 22, 2012

Seal of Approval


Taught a couple of great classes yesterday. The "Updating Your Quilting Skills" was a HUGE success. The girls brought quilts that they were having issues with (related to borders and more) and boy - we covered a lot of ground. They all went home with their problems solved!!!!   Nothing better than being able to move forward on a project.

Before I left, I loaded that Halloween quilt of mine. The backing is plush that I had to piece. Well - I knew when I left that I would have to repin the backing on. It just wasn't positioned right. When I got home - I repinned it and then I repinned it again. Oh boy - if this was a customer quilt - I would have been MAD. OK - I was still mad, but I couldn't blame anyone but myself.

The backing was JUST the same size as the quilt so I did a bad thing. As I advanced the quilt, I "stretched" the backing ever so slightly in order to get the quilt on the backing. I was very afraid that when I took it off, the backing would spring back and leave the top looking a mess. Well - I got it quilted and I think it looks not half bad..............


MY Halloween quilt from THAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the ORANGE PLUSH backing. I could use this quilt as a beacon if ever I got lost!!!

Close up of the quilting. Yes - I am getting a tad tired of that spider web design. One more to do tomorrow and I am DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Yes - thank goodness this was NOT a customer quilt. It just seemed that if something was going to go wrong - it did. I pinched my finger with the stupid clamps and now I have a blood blister - doesn't hurt, the machine was having a technical issue with a skipping stitch regulator (I have tried to fix it in the past, but this time I got MAD and guess what - I did get the machine fixed and NO - no machines were harmed in that effort), the back was just the right size and even though I repinned it several times, I just couldn't get it seated right on the machine and had to adjust as I went. Yes - thank goodness it wasn't a customer quilt!!!!!!!!!!  I guess the GOOD news is that I was successful in getting it quilted and having it look decent. Who cares HOW that happened, just that is happened is good enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I trimmed the quilt this morning (slept through the alarm and didn't get to the gym). I lay it on the floor for a second and look who investigated......................



Sparky gives her SEAL of APPROVAL


She wasn't even lying on the plush side!!!!   But she liked it. Never mind that there is a quilt very close to this one that she is ALLOWED to sleep on. Nope - she wanted to be right where I couldn't miss her!!!!!!!!!


Remember that list of projects that I told you about - well this is the list.


List of projects - $10 quilts from years past

This is going to be my focus list for 2013. Can't wait to take everything off the 2012 shelf and then add these projects to the shelf. BUT - since I am still working for the rest of this year - I am not touching the shelf yet.

HOWEVER - I may get NO MORE quilting done for me for the rest of the year. It appears the flood gates have opened and this past week, I have received a HUGE number of quilts to be quilted. I think I will be busy for a while getting those all completed. I will try to sneak in one or two of mine, but why bother - I still have loads to hand stitch.


A couple of pictures of the autumn leaves..................


Close up of my maple tree

My Japanese maple changing colour

My neighbour`s Japanese maple. This is just BRILLIANT red - too bad it doesn`t show up better.


On that note - I am out of here and off to Monday Motivators. Where SOMEONE is getting a surprise and I am getting something I want. Oh boy - I love SURPRISES - giving them is better than receiving them!!!!!!!!!!!!   She has been curious all weekend!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


No comments:

Post a Comment