Friday, September 13, 2013

No TIME for indecision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



There is NOTHING like starting the day with a spin class!!!!   I know - my brain has become warped, but I love spin class. And my exercise is done for the day!!!!!   Was doing some stretching and ab work after the class - YIKES - even I didn't think my abs were that strong!!!!   The plank for TWO minutes and only the last 10 seconds were torture????   Who knew what you could accomplish on a bike!  The BIG question is HOW TO MAINTAIN that level of fitness!!!!   Eating is very important and I am happy to report that my appetite has gone back to normal very quickly!!!

I had a couple of binge attacks when I got home and that is because Ronda brought me one of my favourite treats - TOFFEE. I have to confess that I ate the two bags in TWO days. No time to even get a picture. And then I LOVE yogurt covered raisins and I could NOT keep my hands off those. So now that I have demolished the container - I am NOT buying them anymore. If it isn't in the house - I DO NOT crave it!!!!   But I am up to two BIG cups of tea a day (no hot chocolate), M tells me I should be drinking GREEN tea, but that will come. Other than that - eat when you are hungry and WATCH THE QUANTITIES. That is probably the most important. And you know - when I first came home, I found myself eating because I was bored, tired, and food was available to me. When we cycled every day - we didn't have time to eat and so I didn't!!!!   Something to think about!!!!

Well enough of that boring food/diet stuff - let's get onto the sewing stuff.

Got myself in gear yesterday and got the border on that quilt I pulled out a couple of days a go. BUT not before I had to deal with another issue - have a look..............

Do you see what I see about this BORDER fabric?????   YEP - it is directional!!!!!   So I had to cut it lengthwise and wide-wise in order to get the flowers all going in the same direction. 

Borders on!!!!!!    Now in retrospect, I am NOT sure that I am 100% happy with that shade of brown, but so what - it looks pretty decent. And the top is DONE!!!!

Another one in the TO BE QUILTED pile - the binding and backing are also done!!!!!!



Elaine S and Sharon B came over to work for the day. We had a great time catching up on all the summer gossip.


Elaine was working on Snow Days
Sharon was working on Dear Jane

I got the backing done for this quilt. The backing was a pain because I had a WIDE piece of fabric but NOT wide enough for the backing so I still had to join it. So the backing is HUGE, but hopefully enough leftover for the backing for a small quilt. Now to get pull out some batting and next week - that will get quilted!!!!


Once I finished those two projects, I grabbed the next handy thing on the table. See what I mean - there is NO FOCUS on what needs to be done - just get something done!!!!


I pulled out this little Christmas wall hanging that I started MANY years ago. See all that fabric that has been stored in the pizza box for all those years. Hmmmmm - but what is the final plan?????    Let's put a little red border on and then the holly fabric as the outside border. CRUD - not enough red. Ran to the stash and found a nice little strip of red that was perfect. It is now on the quilt and I started on the final border, but it is in a heap on the sewing table - so you'll see the final picture tomorrow.

And since I am getting close to finishing that project - I pulled out the next project. And I pulled out something that I am SUPPOSED to be working on. A $10 quilt!!!!!


Around the Block - back on the design wall. BUT - there seems to be a pieced block on one of the borders that is MISSING!!!!!!   I will have to find the stupid thing or remake it. Good grief -it is things like that that are potential show stoppers!!!!   BUT - I am just going to get the silly quilt done before I lose something else!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then off to the central library so I could check out the quilting magazines and pick up a couple of books - one that Adam (our driver) this summer recommended. They have THREE subscriptions. Hmmmm - not ones that I normally pick up so I checked out a bunch of them. And OH DEAR - I found a couple of neat FAST quilts. I may just take a copy or two. ACK ACK ACK!!!!!    But I notice that I browse borrowed magazines MUCH FASTER than I browse ones that I have purchased. Now why is that??????   I want my money's worth or something????


The City of Mississauga is having their 6th Annual Tour du Mississauga this coming weekend. I have never been able to participate in the past because of my teaching schedule, but I planned properly this year and I signed up for the Tour. Went to City Hall to pick up my map yesterday. City Hall is right beside Central Library and the underground parking of the two buildings is connected, but not necessarily on the same level. In other words - it is VERY confusing to get from one building to the other if you go through the garage.

I managed to get from the library (walking) to City Hall. BUT do you think I could find my way back to the library????   NOPE - I actually had to go up the stairs and outside - walk across the square and back down to the other parking lot in order to get to my car!!!!!!!!!!

So now I am going to do 100K through the streets of Mississauga with a map that has no mileage - just turn left, turn right. Where is Neil when I need him?????   I am sure I will be fine as there are close to 2000 cyclists and over 400 of them are doing the 100K route!!!!!   I am so impressed with the turnout. And I am so excited about the whole thing that I am going to be on the Advisory Committee for Cycling in Mississauga. I spoke to one of the ladies at the sign up and it is something that I have been thinking about doing for a long time, but never made any commitment. NOW is the time!!!!!


On that note - I am off on another adventure today!  If you are near the Acton Fair - come and see me in the HomeCrafts building. In all the years (over 20) that I have lived in Ontario - I have NEVER been to one of the country fairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That is because most of the time - my weekends were busy with teaching. I am SO HAPPY that my schedule is clearing out. There are so many things that I want to do on the weekends - yoga classes, cycling - and something new that our family is going to do TOGETHER. YES - I will tell you more about that on Monday - but it involves the KITCHEN. I know - ME in the KITCHEN????   What is the world coming to?????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment