Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stay CALM and print NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was going to start this blog with a nice calm witty saying, BUT - MY STUPID PRINTER IS OFFLINE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OK - now I am REALLY GETTING UPSET WITH MY FRIENDS in India!!!!!

Yes - they worked on my computer yesterday for another couple of hours. They deleted all that they had tried to install the time before, reinstalled a different version and within a couple of hours - it seems to be working just fine. That is the virus part - BUT when I went to print something this morning - NOTHING. I checked the status and YUP - the printer is OFFLINE again. And just clicking the "offline" in the menu does NOT bring it online.

Oh dear - another call to my friends today!!!!!!!!!!!!   I wouldn't mind so much if the problem gets fixed, but this is getting ridiculous. I am thinking they don't know what they are doing?????   Oh well.  This is the THIRD time for the offline thing.


And now on to what I was going to tell you.

I have been a busy busy bee and I have LOADS to show you.

Went to yoga yesterday morning. I was so relaxed that I lay down to wait for the class and then I heard Angie talk and for a moment, I thought I had slept through the ENTIRE one hour class. But NO - it was just a momentary lapse into the land of NOD. But oh my goodness - I am TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT. I really need to be doing some more stretching on my own. I think I mentioned that this is a restorative yoga class so it is more of the "traditional" yoga - slow movements. If I want a cardio workout - I'll do Zumba!!!!!   But Angie made a comment at the end about some new classes coming up. My all time favourite instructor is Adam. He is also a chiropractor and next time I need some adjustment, I am going to visit him. He is right beside the gym so how convenient can that be?  BUT Angie said that his hands were like "gifts from God". Hmmmm   - I know his hands are STRONG as he will sometimes come and GRIP your feet at the end of a class and the first time he did that to me - I almost died!!!!!   It HURT a LOT.


Rushed back home where Mary was waiting for me. She brought TWO quilts to quilt on the long arm. So I got her settled while I got the India folks settled on the computer and I got to work on the machine.

I was sorting through a bag of stuff the other day and came across this project. Lacking some focus and discipline, I decided that I would work on it.
Intertwined - this was a class sample from a couple of months ago. HEY - I thought I was supposed to NOT put these things away until they were done??????

Here we go - some blocks, some pieces, some yardage


Started to put the blocks up

Look the main part of the blocks are done - all the half square triangles are made - just not pressed

Coming together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the first border on. One more to add, but I was getting bored of working on it. Found some fabric for the backing and then have to work on the binding. 

As I was working on this - I thought I need to regain some focus. I did a great job when I was focused on doing the borders, bindings and backings. And I think I might just start on that again. Because there are a LOT of quilts that just need borders, bindings and backings. There are also some where the blocks are made  - they just need to be sewn together.  


Another thing I would LOVE to get cleaned up is stuff that I owe to the guilds I belong to. OK - so I belong to three guilds, but I really only owe one guild some stuff. I have a box of embroidered blocks (done by some teens so we are not talking great quality), but they will make good quilts for kids. I had sorted these blocks years ago and I think there are enough for five quilts. I am going to try and get one done per month. Here are the blocks for the first one.

Embroidered blocks - yes there are ONLY ELEVEN

I got out the bucket of purple fabric which is overflowing and needs to be tamed

Dumped it out and started shopping. I found a couple of things and after Mary and I discussed it - I found something for the sashing. 
Started adding the sashing. Then I will figure out something for the border. CRAZY way to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But it won't take long to finish this off - find something to back it with and then get it on the machine and get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And while I was sewing that - I bet you are wondering what my ender/leader project is????

I have leftover bits from the Bonnie Hunter mystery that I did last December

Sewn together and needs pressing

Pressing and trimming. It is so easy to do the sewing and the pressing. The darn trimming takes a LONG time. Yes - these are TINY. I trimmed them to 1 1/4". Now to figure out what to do with them. 
And through the entire day - Sparky just had to be CLOSE. I had to step over her every time I got up!!!!!   I think she really missed me - she sticks to me like glue. Sammy - couldn't care less that I am home!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And Sparky just LOVES that rag rug. 

I also got my Block of the Month done for the guild. Technically it isn't a block of the month. We are making an entire quilt that each person gets to keep!!!!!  Each month we are sewing ONE NINTH of the quilt. Here are three versions of the same section -  (The first two are missing two columns on the right - that was my mistake)


Mary's


Linda's
Mine - and while this wasn't a lot of work - it still took time to cut and sew. If you want to see how I made this - check out the Tutorial on the main blog page header - it is called Tutorial - Block of the Month

I was back at the grocery store yesterday. I had a look at the cream cheese. AHA - there are TWO kinds of LITE cream cheese. One is 95% FAT FREE and the other is LITE. The 95% fat free is disgusting. I can usually stomach just about anything, but not this. I got the LITE and while not perfect - it is much better. The difference - well the 95% Fat free has 20 calories per tablespoon, the LITE - has 30. I think I can live with 10 extra calories per day!!!!!

Two kinds of cream cheese!!!!!!!


On that note - I am fired up to get more work done today and I am ALL BY MYSELF (well I do have to call my India friends).


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment