Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pampered Sit n Sews Begin..............................


Yesterday was the first day of the Pampered Sit n Sew series for Fall 2014!!!!  (And most of the spots are sold out for the next five days - but there are a few spots left on the Sundays in October and November)   Oh boy - the ladies were stitching up a storm and I realized that I barely got any pictures!!!!   That is because I was so busy pressing for them!!!!

Rose came prepared with rows of a quilt that needed to be pressed right off the bat. I mean - let's take advantage of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!     I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And then she got the top sewn together in beautiful turquoises. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!!   And she was working on her Border Creek mystery as well.

Pat was working on the Mississauga Block of the Month - and after chatting with some of the others - I want to try this in MANY different colour ways!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda was quilting a quilt and she got to use my new marking previewer to check out some potential patterns.

I LIKE that quilting!!!!!


Sharon was working on Dear Jane and we will see the fruits of her labour after the class today.

Mary was gardening!!!!!   Have a look...............


The fruit and vegetable quilt. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Might have to put that on the list of things to do!!!!  Hmmmm - do you see a theme here????   Yep - I get all these people working on amazing quilts and I want to make them myself!!!!!!!!!!


Cathy was working on mini Dresden Plates which are to die for - I so want to make that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Instead I was good after they left and got Flo's quilt on the machine and started to quilt it. 


On Thursday, I was frantically searching for my Easy Angle ruler to show at the guild. NOPE - I had just seen it, but also had to move everything off the tables in preparation of the sewing day. So I had no idea where it went. BUT - I did find it this morning.  BUT - now where is that missing embroidery block with the pattern?????

HOWEVER - as I was searching - I heard someone at the door and there was Heather with an EASY ANGLE ruler. I know - that was too freaky!!!!!   She had bought one too many and was dropping it off for Mary. The timing was perfect. BUT the best news - the one she dropped off is a 4 1/2" ruler - the two that I have are 6 1/2" and 10 1/2".   OH BOY - I want the 4 1/2" as well. That would be the perfect size for the Block of the Month quilt!!!!!!!!!!!



4 1/2" Easy Angle ruler!!!!!!!!


And last night - well I had a major allergy attack and was so stuffed up I could barely breath. We went out for dinner just the same. It was fine - I just sounded awful!!!!   And woke up with a HORRIBLE sinus headache - I never get headaches. But I went back to sleep and it was gone by morning. I am wondering if this is rag weed allergy, the bamboo batting I was working with or just plain old dust?????   Well - I never had any problems being outdoors all summer and then BAM - I get this. Maybe I better move my tent to the backyard!!!!!!


On that note - I am out of here.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment