Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Monday - no wait that was last Monday!

The days are whizzing by so fast and there is so much going on - I am way behind on the pictures.
But I did shut everything down, bookmarked a LOT of stuff and closed the computer for a couple of hours. The darn thing near had a heart attack!!!  I haven't tried to edit more pictures, but I am sure it will be much faster.  I think they might still be 30 more pictures not including those already edited and waiting to be posted!

So these pictures are from LAST Monday. I am sure that I will be taking a lot more later today as this is a VERY prolific group!!!!


Maria was busy working on her mystery quilt. Everyone is pretty much up to date and God forbid that I forget to bring the next installment with me!!!!  
 The next two pictures are very hard to see, but so unique, I had to show you. Anita is going to be visiting the "Old Country" in a couple of weeks. She has family members in Wales and so she is making a small whole cloth quilt. She designed her own motifs based on Welsh designs - made one quarter of the quilt, then traced it four times. Now she is ready to quilt!!!!


Whole cloth quilt - marked

You can see the design a bit better. Can't wait to see this one quilted - it is going to be awesome!!!!

Judith was busy counting her yo-yos. She is making a bit quilt from them and it will be stunning!!!!


OK - so there is something happening at Monday (and Thursday). EVERYONE it seems has to make this little duffle bag!!!!
Diane made two 

Karen made one more

Claudette made this one

Karen made ANOTHER one!!!  I think she wins the prize for the most made. 

Fancy stitching on her handles!!!!

In case you are wondering about the progress in the bathroom - check it out!!!!!


The ladies room!
 And what did I work on???   Well - I haven't even finished processing all the stuff I brought home a couple of weeks ago!!!  So I worked on other stuff!
I managed to get that center seam done on all 80 blocks!!!!!

The second clue of the Quilts at the Creek Mystery - DONE!!!!

Started to do the string blocks for an old Bonnie Hunter mystery - Orca Bay!!!!



I know - most normal people would work on something until they were done. I have no idea why I can't do that. I try - I really do, but I am very good at doing that at retreats!!!!   But you see - I needed some scraps of red to work on the Quilts at the Creek mystery. So then I had to go through the basket for the Orca Bay and since it was out - it just seemed natural that I work on it!

Last week on garbage day - it was crazy windy. So can you tell me why people insist on putting their garbage (recycling) out????   If it is going to blow like mad - why not wait until the following week or put something on top of it.  The problem is that on our street - all the loose garbage blows down the street to our end and it is a huge mess. These two pictures don't look that bad, but it is a mess!!!!
Recycling blowing in the wind!!!!

 
More recylcing
 And it is NOT my recycling as I often just leave it in the garage until the following week if it is windy.  I can't wait for those big carts to come along. Hopefully that will solve the problem??  


Last week we had embroidery club and there was a bit of show and tell. Linda made this great Chubby Charmer bag from blocks made with selvedges. Do you see a theme happening???  Yep - we are all taking little bits and sewing them together - string quilts!!!!   I love it!!!!


Linda's Chubby Charmer!!!!  (it is flattened out here!)

Making progress on my Christmas ornaments!!!!   Four are completely done and the remaining four are about half done!


I had to move the shelf in my sewing cabinet. I had no idea how to do that. I have tried before and could NOT figure it out. I sent pictures to the dealer so he could guide me in what to do (even though he sold it to me, so of course, he knew what was under the shelf).  Turns out - I just had to pull out a little knob and push HARD and the shelf went down. Then a wrench to loosen the screw - then move the shelf, tighten it back up and now the shelf is the EXACT height that I need it to be!!!!!   Hmmm - I've only sewn on that table for a few years!!!!

I may be slow, but I do get there eventually!!!!
Adjusting the sewing table height!!!



On that note - I am out of here. Got lots of work done over the weekend - more pictures to share. Perhaps I will get a few more edited and ready to post.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment