Monday, March 2, 2015

Tonga Rhapsody - show n tell



More show n tell today. I am going to try and stay on top of it. Yeah right!  I think I still have to do the show n tell from Dear Jane - way way back. The trick will be to find the pictures for that.


Tonga Rhapsody
Tonga Rhapsody by Wing and a Prayer
Anyway - here goes. This is a gorgeous large quilt and well - let's look at the results..........  (they only had one block for homework as they had to get themselves organized with their fabric choices)



Lynn

Susan

Linda

Lynne

Linda

Anne

Marion


Erica

So while the blocks look similar, they are quite different with all those different fabric choices. They are going to look awesome as they progress into a full sized quilt.


I promised the class that I would post the wrong side of my blocks so they could see how I pressed them.

Here are the three blocks


Block Two 

Block Four

Block Three  (with one seam at the top NOT pressed yet)


Notice that I sewed these blocks in ROWS (see Block Three photo) unlike the instructions in the pattern. I just felt it was a better way to sew them.  And of course I twirled all the seams.  Can't help myself!!   If you want to learn how to do that, there is a tutorial on my blog that shows you how to do that. The important thing is that seams should be FLAT FLAT FLAT. I am putting together a tutorial on pressing - I need some time, but hopefully soon.

Marion brought in this little cat wall hanging for show n tell. It is cute - look at their tails!!!  That background fabric is AWESOME



Let's not forget that TODAY is the start of my week on QUILTSocial. Have a read through.  There is some pretty cool stuff this week. I think you'll enjoy!!!   Yes - you might not be in the market for a sewing machine, but just cool to see what you can do with a sewing  machine and what capabilities exist in sewing machines today. And I try to throw tips in throughout because MANY of the features I chat about are included on most machines - you just don't know!!!!   Although today's post is about machine embroidery!!!!

On that note - I am out of here. On the way to the gym.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment