Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Quilting quilts......................


My computer is so slow this morning, but it is my fault since I have not shut it down in a while and then I loaded a ton of pictures into Photoshop to edit. I know that I am supposed to do it in batches so I don't clog up the memory, but I wasn't listening to that voice of reason this morning.

In case you think I have been slacking off with quilting quilts - that is NOT the case. I just haven't had time to post the pictures. So here are some of the quilts I've done in the last while.


Customer quilt

Community project quilt

Community project quilt

Customer quilt

Customer quilt

Customer quilt

Customer quilt

Customer quilt


I do believe this last quilt is going to be in the Mississagua Guild Quilt Show on April 24 and 25.  I LOVE this green quilt. The colour choice  is stunning. The picture above does NOT do justice to the quilt at all. The colours are so rich and the greens are to die for and I am not that big of a green person, but if i could find a way to "steal" this quilt - yep - I would. It is a keeper for sure. But you can go and see it in person. Mark those dates - April 24 and 25 on your calendar. This quilt is our Block of the Month from 2013/2014 (OK - designed by me!) so I know there will be others there as well and will be fun to see how they different they all are.


I did get a couple of pet mats made the other day. Well I need to stitch up the opening, but it is disturbing because look what I found in the scraps!!!!!!!!!!!!


A sewing machine needle!!!!


I am not sure where the bag of scraps came from, but it had better NOT be from the sewing groups. We have a container for needles!!!!!   I must send a note to the group to remind them!!!!  Fortunately, I dump the bags onto the cutting table and "fluff" them up as I search for useable stuff. The heavier stuff like needles drop to the mat, but that is NO REASON to put needles in the scrap bags!!!!


I will post the rest of the Monday pictures later this week, but I thought you would enjoy seeing Joyce hard at work on her Freeport Gatherer bag.


Joyce with her Freeport Gatherer
 I didn't manage to get a picture of it standing up, but it is coming along rather nicely and while it looks a bit wonky in the picture, it is not that wonky when it is standing up!!!!   Oh yes - I must get my bag going again.  I need time!!!!!

Speaking of time - I watched a video last night by Julie Morgenstern.   Managing from the Inside Out which is available in book or video. Very interesting and I agree with most of what she said. The hardest thing is the self assessment - what do you want to do and something even harder - we are like kids in a candy store - we want it all. But we can never have or do it all so we have to make choices. What to chose to focus on - that is probably my biggest issue!!!!

But I like her idea of the master grocery list - I am going to make up one for us!!!!   Lots of other great tips - if you get a chance to read the book or watch the video - I would recommend it.

In attempting to do a favour for someone, I have ended up with a HUGE task. And so instead of starting it last night (OK - so I was procrastinating just like Julie mentioned on her video), I did a bit of tidying which I desperately need to get done.


So this is before

This is after
Doesn't look a whole lot cleaner, but it is. I trimmed FOUR quilts last night. And put away some of the fabric and other stuff on that cutting table.


This are went from this............

Again - not a huge difference, but every little bit helps


With the help of my craft knife, I opened up the frame which contained that MOLA and now it is free....


MOLA - I was trying to figure out what it was and I guess it is a pot of flowers

It is now hanging with my other MOLAs.   Look at the one on the extreme left. There is a band of NEON orange around the bird to highlight it!!!!   They are brilliantly done. The four big ones are "real" MOLAs, the two small ones on the right are more like applique (not reverse applique) and are produced much quicker so good buys for tourists!

 The other day, I was driving past the mall and almost fell over. What?????   What happened????   Do you see what I don't????



Taken January 31

And now - NO CRANE!!!!!


It was there just a week ago - well I am not sure, but crap - why don't I ever see them take this stuff down?????

Must go in and get some pictures from inside to see what is happening in the ball!!!!


On that note - it is time for another absolutely crazy day to begin.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment