Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A mixed bag.........................


Do you like going on vacation? I love going on vacation, but there are two things I hate about vacations. Getting ready to leave and dealing with the aftermath once you are home.

I don't mean packing for the trip - that is easy - I pretty much plan in my head what I need to pack, then 15 minutes of cramming and I am set. I don't fuss with lots of stuff.  I always take a small suitcase. The more stuff you take, the more you have to manage and that just is too complicated. I never do fancy stuff at home, so I never do fancy stuff away. Matter of fact, the other day I was meeting with the City and a vendor. They asked about dress - suits or business casual. ACK - I am not sure that I even have anything that qualifies as business casual so I wore jeans. So did the vendor!!!!   It was pretty funny, but we were all good.

Well - I am not going on vacation, but I am going on a retreat soon and that means there is a LOT of stuff to get finished and prepped before I leave. That is the part that I hate - the pressure to get everything done. The parting date becomes a forced deadline and I am NOT good with deadlines!!!!

I managed to get all the editing done on the photos in the camera - yeah!  But I need to take a ton more today so back to square one!

I was out and about last week and came across this.  I don't have time to show you what it is - any guesses????   It is very cute, colour appropriate and going to be very practical!  I can hardly wait to use it. Maybe later today, although I think there is rain in the forecast.


A mystery item


I have this super duper sewing table. The sewing machine is always ready to go and I have sewn on it for years. I have never had to adjust the height of the table, but I put the Ruby in there the other day and I needed to adjust the table height. Hmmmmmm - how does one do that????

See how much higher the sewing machine is from the table?    A bit hard to sew like that

This is the view underneath the shelf - ACK -  what do I touch or not touch????
 A couple of pictures and a phone call to the dealer and VOILA - the table height is easy to change.


Sewing machine in the bottom most position
I have a piece of wood that goes in that insert so technically I could have a big flat surface.


 The other day I was buzzing around the house and I thought - wow - I have already been up and down the stairs a LOT. This is my FitBit (I bought the new Charge a while back) telling me that I had taken 10 flights of stairs. I think this was before 6 AM.   That was just a crazy day!!!


10 flights of stairs!!!!


Should you be wanting to buy a FitBit here are a couple of points that you should be aware of.
1. The Charge (the one pictured above) is NOT generous with the steps like the original one. I think Mary mentioned that hers will not measure her steps if she has her hand on her grocery cart. It definitely does not measure steps in spin class like the original one did. So when you get that buzz at 10,000 steps you know you've had a great day!  Recently, I've had some days exceeding 15,000 steps. No wonder I have been exhausted at night!!!!
2. Watch the band size. I purchased the small/medium which was a big mistake. I would recommend (unless you have very skinny wrists) to buy the medium/large. When summer finally comes, I think I am going to find this size constricting!!!!

I do love it. Does it motivate me to walk more?  I don't think so, but it makes me think about what I am doing and I do check it a couple of times a day just to see how busy I have been.


The other day, I had some classes on free motion at my house. Look what Diane had in her sewing kit  ..............

The cutest little screw driver and it is orange to boot!!!!
 She thinks that she purchased it at Home Depot so I must make a trip to get one. I absolutely hate the small flat screw drivers that come with the lower end sewing machines. It is very hard to handle.

Pat, a hand quilter, was also in the free motion class. Love that she is trying!!!!  She brought some show n tell.
Made and hand quilted by Pat - love those colours!!!!

I think this was taken the morning of the free motion class. A typical mess. I am getting better - I really am. It used to be way worse. 

Joyce's bag - the body of the bag is finished. Now she has to finish off the top and make the handles. It looks crooked in the picture, but the darn photo is on a bit of an angle so it pronounces the slight angle in the piece!!!   Who cares - it is awesome!!!!   Great job Joyce!!!!   



Oh and here is a picture of that winner with her cheque and a prototype of her product!!!!  
And the winner is M!!!!!





On Tuesdays, I have started to go to the movies most weeks with Lynn. She picks the time and the movie and if the time works for me and I want to see that movie - I meet her at the theatre. I even have a Scene card now. Yesterday we were to meet at 4:55 to see Cinderella. I arrive at the theatre about 4:40.  No Lynn. I wait a bit, I buy my ticket, I go to the washroom. Still no Lynn. I noticed when I was buying my ticket that there was also a show at 4:25. I thought to myself - I bet she got the times mixed up. Oh well - let's go to the show. For some reason, I thought I heard the lady say theatre 24. And that stuck in my head - I even thought - oh that was the theatre we were in last week. I go in and my first clue should have been that the lights were out. But no - I foraged ahead and went up the stairs (thank goodness for lighted stairs) and sat down. I watched the screen for a couple of minutes and realized that this is NOT a trailer. Nope - I am in the wrong theatre!!!!

Back down the lighted stairs and check my ticket. Crap - theatre 20, not 24. I get in and the lights are still on. Of course!!!!   But no Lynn. So I am sitting there watching the pre-show stuff and next thing I know - Tish is there!!!   So we watched the movie together. Although there was a short cartoon about Frozen at the start of the movie and for a minute, I thought - are we in the right theatre????   I really enjoyed the movie - great costumes. And that wicked step mother - oh she was evil!!!!!

I seem to have a massive allergy problem this morning. Where the heck did that come from????  And I finally caved and went to the doctor last night. She said - "Oh I hardly ever see you - how come you are so healthy!!!!"   I told her I was a farm kid and ate a peck of dirt when I was young. She laughed. X-ray for the lump on my foot which is likely a cyst - but X-ray won't show that. Just checking that it isn't a problem with the bone. And the other issue is a pinched nerve (which I knew) - get a good physiotherapist.   I hate things that don't have a quick fix!!!!

Wow - that was a pretty eclectic day.


Anyway - have a great day today!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment