Saturday, March 28, 2015

GO with your gut!!!!


Ah - have you ever done something and you knew in your heart that it wasn't quite right, but you foraged ahead anyway?  Come on - we have all done it to some extent. Well this past week, it happened to me twice!

It would appear that a pinched nerve is what is likely causing some of my discomfort in my leg. When I got home from Thursday Therapy, I was in agony. I guess I had sat too long in one position and I needed some relief. I called "A" physiotherapist. I did not call the one recommended by my doctor. I thought I was getting a specific place, but upon arrival at the address, I realized it was NOT the place that I had wanted. SHOOT - well I went with the appointment since I was there.

She did an assessment and yes - most likely a pinched nerve, but it was a very weird appointment and I can't exactly put my finger on it. I rebooked TWO appointments for this coming week. But I had trepidations about it. I must say that I did get some pretty much immediate relief from the acute pain with the ultrasound. But when I asked one of the personal trainers (who I trust very much) about a physiotherapist, she recommended the same one that my doctor did. OH CRAP!!!!

Now I have to get out of those two appointments this coming week. Why didn't I just listen to the doctor and do what she said????  Well she didn't exactly tell me to go there, but she did recommend them.


And then I did another HUGE mistake. I thought I was capable of doing something, but when it was done, I was NOT happy with it. So correcting that mistake is a HUGE, PAINSTAKING and very TIME CONSUMING job which I am trying to cram in between other things. Lesson learned - listen to your gut!!!!   Don't be a hero - don't think "you CAN do it" when your gut knows better!!!!   And some day - I might tell you what I did!!!!  


On top of that - I am WAY BEHIND in getting the QUILTSocial blog posts up.  They will be up when they are supposed to be, but - well they are late to the editor!!!!   She is very tolerant of me!!!  And I feel really really guilty about it since there is nothing but my procrastination to blame.  However - the POSTS this coming week are AWESOME.   They are very informative and you are going to learn so much - you won't need me any more!!!!!   I will post the link when they are up!!!!


The following pictures are from Monday Mania this past week.


Lynn brought in her Vintage Moments to show us. It is DONE!!!!!  

This is crazy Mary holding the quilt so I could take a picture. Ah -  the room is certainly lively when Mary is around!  She is our resident chatterbox!!!!

Judith brought in some cross stitch show n tell. Very cute!!!!

Judith was working on the binding on this quilt. These colours are so NOT Judith!!!  The quilt is a gift so that is allowed!!!!

Welcome back to Krystyna - she is working on a "Critter" quilt 

Second block of the Critter quilt (by Brandywine Designs)

This is Dianes mystery quilt,

Claudette was working on one more of those damn duffle bags!!!!

Joyce was working on a mystery quilt that I designed last year. Gosh - mine is still not completely together. Maybe that should come to the retreat with me! 

The handles for Joyce's basket!

Susan was working on an apron!

Lynn was working on a baby quilt

Maria was sewing log cabin blocks for an upcoming class
Mary's mystery quilt blocks
Tish making string quilt blocks using phone book pages as a backing
She got two blocks completed. - I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Jan making paper pieced "Stepping Stones" by Judy Neimeyer
Look at the concentration as she chain pieces those seams


I want to make this quilt as well and may have to move it up the "to do" listing. I love it!!!!


 When I went to heat up my lunch in the micro wave, there was a lady who is running a group in another room at the church. Her lunch bag was sitting on the counter and she allowed me to take pictures of it!!!!!   Thanks to Ronda - I have tons of these drink pouches and they are all CLEAN - ready to make something. OK - so this goes on the "TO DO" list. Well - it moved higher up the ranking!!!!!

Tote bag made with Kool-Aid Jammers juice pouches



Wow - there were more people and more projects, but I didn't get around to everyone. The room on those sewing days is PACKED with happy, laughing and industrious (for the most part) people.  Love them!!!!!
Thanks to them all for making these days so much fun.


On that note - I am still prepping for a couple of classes for today. Better get back to work.

Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment