Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A slow return to normalcy

Yesterday was a nice relaxed day and although I have tons of stuff to do - I'm not stressing about it..... yet!

I am very happy to report that Sparky is feeling better. She is not out of the woods yet, but the fact that there is improvement is an AWESOME thing. Sometimes dogs do not completely recover from vestibular disease and she may have that head tilt forever, but at least she can get up on her own, she went on a reasonable distance for a walk (although very slow), made a feeble attempt to chase a rabbit, she is eating (more or less) and all round - seems to be improving. I am very cautious with her - she is still unstable, but nothing like on the weekend.  Yeah Sparky!!!!!

Here is a picture of her from the weekend.


Sparky and M!

While at the bicycle show back in March, I had purchased two pieces of art.


The bike tiles

 I was too cheap to pay for the shipping and hoping to pick up the pieces at the Mississauga Campus. That could not be arranged and I had to go to the Oakville campus for pickup and I just hadn't made it there yet.  At last - the other day - I managed to go and pick up the art work.




Quilt Bike by Rachel Kochany


I mean it doesn't get any more perfect match than that!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the second piece I purchased was this one.



Orange bikes - no idea who the artist is


They were both wrapped in this goregous paper which looked like a poster advertising the illustrators of the 2011 class at Sheridan College.


illustrated wrapping paper
I am thrilled with both pieces and the proceeds went to a worthy cause!  A win win for everyone!

Since the location of pick-up was VERY close to where I went to school at Sheridan, I had to stop by and have a peek.  Ah!  The print tables - I remember spending MANY MANY MANY hours in this room  (at all hours of the day and night) printing MANY MANY yards of fabric!!!   I loved that time at Sheridan and there are many days when I wish I could go back. I think I would enjoy it so much more now than I did before.


The print tables at Sheridan College Textile Studio


While I was there, I got to chatting with one of the students and when I asked what she was doing now that she graduated, she told me about her fabric license plates. Well my ears perked up at that. So I got her information and this is what she is making.


Her name is Rebekah Senko.   Check out the Canadian provincial patches she is making. They are very basic, but very nice.  Many of us so wanted patches of every province when we cycled across Canada and most many provinces had nothing to offer - at least that we could find. I may have to get a set of Rebekah's patches and figure out something!!!!


It was a great trip down memory lane, got two great pieces of art work and perhaps a new project. What more could one ask for!!!!!


Yesterday was Monday Mania!  I did get a lot of sewing done - I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will later today.  This is what Krystyna was working on.

Krystyna's critter block

She is almost done!!!!   Better be because that baby of hers is due soon!


Better get to work - the house is a disaster zone, there is tons of work piled up and I need to make a big effort to clear up some stuff.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment