Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tiny Town update


Yep - I'm behind in  my posting of homework.  Here is the update from our Tiny Town class last weekend at Sew Sisters.   It was a long weekend so a number of people were missing.  We hope to get back on track by the end of the summer with the schedule!!!!


Tiny Town - the original by Bunny Hill



Suzi

Karen (with the reverse machine applique technique - her houses are on the back side waiting to be exposed - like a sculptor releasing a statue from a block of granite!!!!

Georgina

Vjera

Vjera's other blocks (she was on vacation last month so we only saw part of her blocks)

Ida

Beth - whole grandaughter is helping her do the cutting, pasting and arranging. What a fun project to do with a young one


They are going to look awesome when they are completed!!!!!   Such a fun pattern and so much room to personalize!!!!!


We had some other show n tell as well.


Ida had this great pinwheel baby quilt.  Some lucky baby is going to have loads of fun sucking on those pinwheels!!!!


These pictures are more show n tell from the Amish class - I missed them yesterday.
Giovanna - I thought she said this was for her husband

Emily made this for her new baby that is coming in a couple of months!!

Mary is making this for her new dog!!!!!


Isn't it great to see that people are making things for a specific reason!!!!   Unlike me - who just makes!!!!  


Did you see the "neutral" backgrounds in Ida's block and Emily's quilt???   I want to give that a whirl. Those are so NOT neutrals to me, yet there is enough contrast that they look just fine.  I have seen some quilts where those neutrals do not have enough contrast and it looks less than desireable (to me!).


On that note - I've got another crazy busy day and I had better get started.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment