Friday, May 15, 2015

The Aftermath!!!!

I know - I left you hanging high and dry. No post all week.  I went to a quilting retreat and I just decided to shut down things for a couple of days. If you are my friend on Facebook - well you got to see some of the craziness that happened.

Anyway - I will post more about the retreat, but here is what happened when I got home. First - I turned on the computer and found 609 e-mail messages. I have zipped through most of them and honestly - there were about 10 that had important information - the rest - some interesting things, but nothing much exciting! Or maybe I missed those.

Eight of us were staying at Fireside Retreat which is just outside Orillia. It is a beautiful house and the setting is spectacular and yet we are mere minutes from Thimbles and things, and mere minutes from the town.  Very convenient.

Fireside Retreat

I did NOT unpack the car when I arrived and good thing because while I got a lot done, there was a lot I did not touch!  As I finished stuff, I put it on the front seat and by the time I left, the front seat was full!!!!



Front seat - packed!!!!
 I was too lazy to put the bike rack on the car, so was able to put a sheet over my stuff and place the bike inside the car. Perfect so it didn't get wet in the rain!!!
Back of the car - FULL!!!!

We planned the trip right - on the Friday of the long weekend - we are going home in the RIGHT direction. No traffic.
Lots of traffic in the opposite direction
 Got home (took 6 hours! - that's a story for another day!). I unpacked the front seat. Dumped it on the ironing board. Ack - better deal with some of this.


Stuff to put away

Two bags of scraps donated by Maureen

One bag of scraps from the retreat
 I managed to make ONE pet mat while I was away. I was going to make two from this pillow case, but it was a bit worn, so I had to double it up.  So LOTS of scraps to make into pet mats. And I bet there are a LOT of good scraps lurking in those bags!!!!

One pet mat
 We did a bit of shopping while away (more on that later) and while at Fabricland, I snagged this bicycle print.  Hmmmm - now that I look carefully at it - it looks sad.


Bicycle print - flannel
 However - it does have a HUGE flaw on it and I did get it at a very cheap price so will make a good backing for a lap quilt.  It doesn't look that bad in person!   (LOL)


Look at what it is supposed to look like (in another colour way)
\

I had the above print at home and wow - what a difference.


Anyway - I better get myself in gear. I have loads to do in the next couple of days.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment