Saturday, May 23, 2015

Makeover!!!!!


Yepp - right now, I'm like a duck - all calm on the surface and underneath my brain is trying to calculate how to squeeze in some extra minutes to get everything done. Well - it is not that bad, but I just can't seem to quite get ahead!!!!  I will be running around like an idiot on the last day just madly throwing stuff into the car!!!!   Well not really, but I do need to leave soon or there will be a LOT of quilt stuff in the car!!!!   NO MORE STUFF!!!!   STEP AWAY FROM THE PACKED  BAGS!!!!


I did get some quilting done yesterday.


Customer quilt - DONE!!!!

I know - you are thinking - that is the same quilt I posted yesterday. NOPE - there were two similiar quilts.

The quilt from the day before
Very very simliar, BUT they have different coloured backings!!!!!!!   And yes - I had to put the bindings on the quilts as well.

Binding on quilt number one - DONE

Binding on quilt number two - DONE!

Both quilts together!!!!


Then I went to put the next quilt on the long arm and OH SHOOT - the backing needs to be made and the selvedges had to be hand trimmed and it had to be matched up!!!!   But since Tish was here working on some dresses, it was a perfect opportunity to chat while I did those "boring" jobs!!!!!

That quilt is now on the long arm and partially done. I HAVE to be finished by tonight, but I am teaching all day.  Yes - I am NOT good at scheduling and while I am away, I am going to have a good talk with myself and my calendar and get this figured out!!!!   There are still a couple more quilts that I want to get done before I leave so at soon as one quilt comes off - the next is on!!!!    It is going to be tight, but I think it is doable!!!!   I will have lots of time to relax in the next month.  

And YES - I finished the book last night. It was a good one!!!!   Glad that I was able to track it done. Big big thanks to Colleen!!!!  I love the fact that one of the characters in this book (a classic car fanatic was named Clive Cussler!!!!)   In real life - he is a classic car fanatic!!!!

Dragon by Clive Cussler




Now I had to do this post today - otherwise I would have got messages from M about it.  I love my Little Sammy. She is cute, but lately when we have been walking in the forest, she brings half of the leaves in with her because of her hair. We go through this every spring but seemed to be late this year. Have a look what happened yesterday..............


Before

After!!!!


She's not fuzzy any more!!!!   But no leaves this morning after our walk!!!!    And she is really really camera shy. She hates the camera!!!!!!!    She looks like a different dog!!!!  and probably felt the cold this morning.


OK - time to get the day started.  I have THREE classes to finish prepping before I leave. That is another thing that MUST go on the calendar - I need class prepping days instead of trying to shove it in here and there.  Oh - I will be so organized when I get back!!!!!!


Have an awesome day and STAY WARM - I actually turned the heat back on last night and when I walked the dogs this morning, I had to put my hood up so I looked like a hoodlum as I walked the dogs!!!!  (in my PJs).


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment