Thursday, May 21, 2015

Give thanks.............


I survived the crazy day that was yesterday!  Embroidery club and then two classes in two different stores. It happens so rare, but when it does - it is insane!  But we all had a great time and I picked up a few things at Sew Sister's sidewalk sale that were an amazing BARGAIN!!!!!!     Kona SOLID layer cakes for $15!!!!!   Yep - you read that right!  A video on free motion feathers for $3.00    Oh yes - there were some goodies there.


My Sidewalk Sale bargains at Sew Sisters!!!!!


 And look what I found - something to match those little pinwheel blocks.  It was going to be hard to introduce a new colour. Trust me - I tried several. But I found that patterned yellow in the same colour as the solid yellow and it will make a perfect albeit VERY YELLOW quilt.  No worries - some baby can spit up on it and no one will see!!!!


Sashing for the pinwheel blocks


I have to say that I have an amazing group of friends.  I love their laughter. I love the sharing and the advice. I love their cooking!  So many things - a bit THANK YOU to all of you!!!!

And then there are the little gifts.  I love to give gifts and if I see something appropriate for someone - well I think of them. I try to give of my time and expertise as needed. It would appear that my friends think of me as well.  

However sometimes I wonder if they could be accused of aiding and abetting????   They are feeding  my sickness!!!!!

Love the bicycle fabric - OK - so I MUST start making some bicycle quilts!!!!!

Perfect to take away and play with pencils on a beach!!!!!
Life a beautiful ride - You bet!!!!!   And one can ever have too many bicycle pillow for the "bicycle" room!
Gorgeous bracelet that even DH noticed

Charm packs and tote bags (you can never have too many tote bags)



 Let's not forget all those who have donated scraps!!!   Oh yes - you are many and I had some free time to make up a couple more pet mats.


Two more pet mats
 However as I sort through some of the bags, I am thinking - these people just didn't want to deal with the bits left over and now look...............

My orange basket is almost full again!!!!
As well as the plastic tote from before.  I would say that it is time to start another scrap quilt.  The big question is - should I do another string quilt????   Change the shape - no squares this time?????   Got to think about that because I still have a LOT of bags to go through and I am envisioning a LOT more scraps.

BUT - look what else I found in the bags..............

A hand stitch needle!!!!!!!!


Or could I hope that someone left it on the table yesterday during embroidery????


And then there is the culprit (and we certainly won't mention any names) who gave me this.




Yes - that is THREE FQ of John Deere fabric
As if I didn't have enough with this bundle that I purchased at the Brampton Quilt Show..........

Three John Deere fabrics
Which I supplemented with this just last week (I know - I wanted some variety and even though I am splitting my stuff with Diane who has different ones - I couldn't help myself.)


A few new additions to the John Deere family


 Let's not forget the "While I'm away Challenge". The box is getting full. You have mere days to get something in the box.


The "While I'm Away" challenge

Let's just say that there is a WIDE variety of stuff -  it will be a challenge of gargantuant proportions!!!!


Last but not least are the little enders and leaders projects.............

Two bags of cut off corners for making half square triangles





And I am still managing to get a few things done. Like this label for this quilt. Just needed to be sewn on and that is complete. Another one bites the dust!!


Label on the quilt - DONE!!!!


I am home all day - how the heck did that happen. Well I do have a meeting later this evening, but no big deal.   I have three quilts that need to be done today (to keep on schedule) - one is almost finished. But it is the paperwork that I need to touch this morning or I am going to be in big trouble.  

And I have convinced myself that YES - it is OK to take one more bucket of prepped projects on vacation. Now I am trying to cram it full to the top!!!!  One must make use of all the space.  I might have room to throw in a few clothes - they can be tucked into the loose corners of the other stuff!!!!   I know - it is just sad!!!!   BUT - I am having fun and that really is all that it is about!!!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - I am out of here. Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment