Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Quilting Designs

It's been a silly morning so far. I got up a few minutes early, decided to get myself to the gym for spin class on time and things were looking up. Until I took the entrance ramp onto the highway instead of keeping straight on the road.  Oh yeah!   Fortunately, the next exit isn't that far away and while I was late for class, it was only by five minutes.

I arrive in the locker room and well - this is so silly, it's pathetic.  But Claire was there and she usually takes the locker beneath me, but we never arrive at the same time.  So I took a different locker - no big deal, but I like routine!  It all worked out - no worries, but I laughed after I had "got lost" on the way to the gym.

Then I'm sitting on the bike, sweating my little heart out and realized that I don't have my FitBit on. Good grief - I remember that it was loose last night and I was so tired, I couldn't even snap it back on properly so it fell off in bed.  A quick text home and yep - there is the FitBit in bed!  How will I know how many steps I take today?  Yesterday was another monumental day for me - over 14,000 and YES - I was in the office all day.

Make good progress on the giant quilt on the long arm which is a good thing because some of the stuff for Spring Quilt Market arrived and well - it's going to be fun and games for the next three weeks to get everything done.  I'm not sure that I even want to look at the schedule - I'm just going to do what I can, hire out what we can't get done and that's just the way it's going to be.  There isn't going to be any panicking because that does nothing.

I know I've been remiss in getting photos on the blog - it takes a wee bit of time to edit them and well - time is a pretty precious commodity these days.

Here are a couple more pictures from QuiltCon.  I took these because of the quilting - notice how simple the quilting is.  We all need to get over the fact that everything needs to be super duper quilted.






Straight lines 
While the lines, in fact, are curvy, they are done one line at a time - that is simple to do. And everyone tells me they can't quilt a straight line?  Well, this quilt looks awesome with those NON-straight lines.

The quilting in this picture is a bit more involved, but again, no marking - the seam lines are the marks and it looks awesome.

More continuous lines of quilting
This next one is very heavily quilted - I would say if you are a beginner - this is NOT for you!  But I love the modern feel to the double wedding ring.

Modern double wedding ring
And this gorgeous quilt which I want to make (and it will happen sooner rather than later)  is quilted with STRAIGHT lines.


Lion by Violet Craft
By the way - I love everything that Violet Craft does.  Shoot - just remembered that I did not look for the elephant pattern when I was in Paducah.  Oh well - next show!


Lately, the traffic has been stupid.  Major slow downs and there is NO apparent reason.  It drives me nuts and it has taken me one hour each morning this week to get to work.  Can't wait until the next location of LifeTime Athletic opens up.  It is about 5 minutes away from work.  I can zip there early in the morning, NO traffic.  Do my workout and then get to work early.  Then hopefully I can zip home a bit early so that I can get something done at night!

On that note - I've got a crazy day and a TO DO list that doesn't seem to get shorter despite the fact that I actually get things accomplished in a day.

Have an awesome day!!!!!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment