Friday, April 1, 2016

Walking in the rain!

I love sewing retreats!!!   So much fun to get up or not and basically have nothing to do - only what you want to do.  That's kind of what my month in PEI was like last year and if I wasn't working, I'd have that car packed so fast and we would be off!!!!  

Katheleen and I were victims of a little April Fool's joke thanks to a four-year-old!  Around 3:15 AM - I woke up to an alarm. Shoot - is that my phone?  I swear I put it on vibrate.  Nope - not my phone. Must be Katheleen's phone and she's not waking up!  Who gets a phone all in the middle of the night - not good news. I wasn't going to wake her up.

But it keeps ringing and it's not my phone.   It wasn't steady - I guess it was on snooze.  Turns out her granddaughter was playing with her tablet and set an alarm for Friday and Monday at 3:15 AM.   Too cute!!!!!   But then I got to thinking about projects and it took me a long time to get back to sleep!!

I'm working like a fiend. Not necessarily finishing things but making good progress on them. I was working on a string quilt yesterday from a bag of bright scraps that someone gave me last year.  I ran out of fabric and I refuse to buy more when I have a ton of bright fabric at home.  So that went into the finished bucket and will go in the car this morning.

Now I'm working on a Halloween project that I started years ago.  I'm almost to the point where I can't go any further as I'm done all that I brought. I know - that would be madness to many, but I'm OK with it.  Not to worry - there is plenty more projects to work on - no danger of running out while I'm here!

Around 8:30 PM last night, Ronda is looking at her FitBit.  She was almost at 5,000 steps. I checked mine and I hadn't even hit 5,000 yet.  Oh god - I need to get out.  It had been raining for most of the day so not nice to get out and walk.  I checked outside - no rain so I was going for a walk.

If you've ever lived in the country, you know how dark it can get. I was going to walk around the driveway until I made up a decent number of steps.  Oh gosh - this is going to take forever and the security light over the garage popped on.  ACK - I looked like a deer in headlights, so I decided to hit the road. Once you got away from the house, it wasn't all that dark and quite easy to see where I was going. I walked and walked and walked.  The night was beautiful although it was still cloudy. You could hear the frogs along the roadside. A few cars passed me, but I was very careful and crossed to the opposite side of the road. They probably thought I was a nut case. I just saw a lady in a BRIGHT ORANGE coat , walk past the house and it wasn't me!!!!

Anyway - I managed to get my 10,000 steps in. I was at the furthest point from the house when it started to rain!  Not hard, but when you are inside, it looks like it is really raining.  It didn't last. After riding my bike in the rain, you learn that you can't do anything about it so just embrace it and enjoy the experience.  I did get a bit wet, but not really.  It was so nice to get away and just enjoy the moment. And the rain stopped before I got back to the house.

Now you know that what happens at retreat stays at retreat, but I will say that our games coordinator, Ronda, had a murder mystery for us to enjoy.  Let's just say that we had a lot of laughs and amazing how some people were able to get into their character and well - let's just leave it at that!
Games night!

Learning how to use the can opener
And thank goodness for YouTube - we could not figure out how to open the can with this fancy can opener. So we found a video and next thing you know, that can was open!  We had a good laugh over that one.

On that note, I'm out of here!!!

Have an awesome day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment