Sunday, April 17, 2016

Who am I to complain....................


What a crazy night!  Little Sammy doesn't do well when DH is away. It wasn't so bad when M was home, but when it's just me - she restless and she panics.

On a regular basis, she wakes up at least once a night. I hear her get up. She goes to sit at the top of the stairs to wait for me.  If I don't get up and who wants to get up to put the dog out at some ridiculous time of night, then she goes down two stairs - clunk! clunk! (she's not quiet) and then she waits. She's also learned that a shake or two of her head helps as her dog tags jangle against each other. Once she knows that I'm up, she will go the rest of the way down the stairs.  YES - even when DH is home - it is I who gets up to let her out.

She usually goes out and comes back in pretty quickly.  Last night, she was out for a long long time. Finally I coaxed her in.  Then an hour later, she wanted back out again - I think she did that three times and neither time was she in a rush to get back in the house.  Needless to, I'm a little sleep deprived this morning and despite all that, she still managed to poop on the floor.  Oh yes - she is protesting big time.  Thankfully DH is home today.  I couldn't go through another sleepless night!

Lexi on the hand, didn't budge the entire time. She sleeps by the front door, knows that she can't go out without supervision and I'm not about to wander my backyard in the middle of the night so she just sleeps through it all. Perhaps Sammy has developed canine dementia like Sparky did?  But I don't think so - I think she turly is out of sorts when he isn't around.

However I did try to make good use of my awake time.  I did a load of laundry and I had a Live Chat session with a Bell Mobility person about my account.   I was shocked to get a real person to chat with.  Unfortunately, their system was down for maintenance and I couldn't get the answer to my question.

Two things happened a couple of weeks ago that sort of impact each other.  I had my computer desk moved up from the basement and we changed cable providers.  Really?  a desk and technology?  Yep - you see the desk got parked in the family room while I was supposed to make room in the dining room AKA my office. However it did not get moved.

And instead of having the router/modem and all that technical stuff in the basement hidden in a room, nope it is now in my family room. However it's not big.

This is the bookcase in our family room.  Big ugly old TV that I never watch,  surround sound speakers that stick out in front as does the sub woofer thing. Cables running from the wires - but it's OK - we can live with it.

Bookcase


When the cable guy came to install the new equipement, my computer desk was just to the right of this photo.

Well it was time to get that desk moved so last night, I'm shoving stuff around - heck I just plowed that deskm which is on wheels, into the dining room.  It was like I was driving a plow.  OK - it wasn't that bad, but you get the picture.

Guess what I saw when I moved the desk.  YES - the silly cable guy - left this mess.


What????
 Seriously - why would I want an extension cord and a couple of extra wires hanging out in the middle of my floor?????   Well DH is home today and guess what - he has a job.  Fix this!   There is a power bar in the back of the book case, but I bet the technicion couldn't get to it or he didn't want to.  I'm betting on the latter!


But then who am I to complain because this is what the dining room AKA my office looks like.

ACK!

It'g going to get worse before it gets better.  I do believe that all the office stuff is now in one place.  I did fill up half our recycling cart last night and I think we have the big one.  I don't know why, but this room has been a dumping ground since day one in this house.  I so want to get it tidied up - file things in the nearly empty filing cabinet, pick things off the floor, get rid of the garbage (there is no food!).

My biggest problem is that I don't have time.  Now - let me rephrase that. I do have time, I just don't make this tidy up thing a priority. Now that I'm surrounded by piles of junk, perhaps I'll make an effort to get it done. I'd rather be quilting, biking, or at the dog park.

Speaking of getting things done - I still have documents to write for work before I leave - well just two more things and one is almost complete. One presentation today, one quilt to quilt but now I know exactly what I'm doing and with what color thread.  I think I'm good to go.

Hi Anita who popped her head into the classroom yesterday!  Nice to see you and sorry we didn't have time to chat.

On that note - I'm out of here - it's going to be a jam packed day!!

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment