Thursday, March 29, 2018

What's next................


Without a deadline, I'm like a lost soul! It's easy to get distracted! Very easy. It doesn't help that I'm not feeling my usual self. The Task Master and I are going to have to have a little chat. That'll get me whipped back into shape.

Don't worry, I'm not overdoing it. I've already finished my second book this week and halfway through another one. I'm taking my fair share of catnaps and long bouts in the chair to read. I took a walk to the library yesterday where I thought I was doing great by handing in three books, only to bring home five! Now how did that happen? Doesn't matter, I'm enjoying the leisure time and the quilts can wait.

I did get the last of the urgent computer stuff done yesterday as well. I still have stuff to do - a LOT of stuff,  but I think most of it can wait. And I got notification yesterday that the long arm has arrived at its destination. Yeah!

I did get a wee bit of sewing done over the last couple of days. Check it out.

The first raggy quilt is together. It just needs to have the seams clipped. The size is about 52 by 62 which is good for a cuddle quilt. I didn't lay out the rectangles in any particular order, I just grabbed and sewed. Then I tried to arrange the rows so that no two fabrics were touching. And you guessed it - there are two fabrics touching!

Raggy quilt ready for the seams to be clipped

Here's the back of the quilt.

Back of the rag quilt

Since I want to get these two quilts done, I sorted through the rest of the patches and put them in rows. Again, totally random!

Piles for each row of the second rag quilt

I managed to get half of it sewn together yesterday and this morning when I woke up, my head was saying "get up, you can have that rag quilt finished in no time". My body said, "get real!"

The second rag quilt is half sewn

My body won - the quilt is still half sewn!

But not to be sitting idle, I came across this box this morning and had to lay out the blocks. The blocks are completely finished. They just need to be sewn together. There are only 16 blocks, so how long will that take?


Fickle Pickle by bee creative


It's gorgeous and I started those blocks years ago!  I need to rearrange some of them, this is the first pass, but isn't it a bright happy quilt? I do believe that this designer has closed up shop, but I think the Hobby Horse still has one pattern.

I've got a couple of links for you this morning. The first is important if you download patterns from the internet. It's all about printing .pdf files.  And there're a couple of very intriguing quilt patterns at the end of the article that you can buy and download. NO - I don't need another pattern but I'm tempted.

But the best part of today? Well, that's the information you'll find on QUILTsocial. It's the day when we stitch the binding to the front of the quilt and I give you LOTS of options. Be sure to check it out.
There are LOTS and LOTS of good tips.

And if you have NOTHING to do this weekend, it's the grand opening of Oh Look Fabric - the new quilt store in Milton.

On that note, I'm off to get the day started. What to do? Computer or sew or read? Well, it'll be a combination of all three.

Have a great day!

Ciao!!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, I am having a heck of a time finding this pattern. Do you still have it and if so would you be willing to sell? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that pattern has long since been retired. I don't even know that the designer is still around. And can you believe? I can't even find my copy of the darn thing. I've been searching. It's there somewhere. If I find it - we can talk.

      Delete