Monday, March 5, 2018

Thank you to YOU!!!

If you're observant, you'll notice something on the side of my blog this morning. When you look at the right-hand side, you'll see the top of a ribbon - have a better look. I got an e-mail last week saying that my blog had been chosen as one of Canada's top 60 quilting blogs! How cool is that? And it's all because of you! When I had a look at the list, I see that my blog is actually number EIGHT! EIGHT - that's super exciting and it's because of all of you! And big thanks to my kid who loaded the button on the blog since I couldn't seem to add more than what was already there.

I'm happy to say that the number ONE blog is QUILTsocial and since I've been blogging with them since the very beginning, I would like to think that I've helped to contribute to its success as well. Oh, Carla, that brings back some wild memories when that blog got started! But it's super exciting to know that the quilting world gets it! (or me!)  If you don't read QUILTsocial, you should check it out. This week Paul is making a modern quilt from Banyan Batiks by Northcott.

So a big thank you to all the readers out there. I truly appreciate your support and while I wish I could thank you all personally, I don't even know who you all are!  THANKS!!

If you are into surveys, I've got a great survey for you to participate in. It's a long one and will probably take 15 minutes, but it was interesting. I love doing surveys and while I'm answering the questions, I ask myself - who commissioned this survey? who is going to benefit from the survey?and what answers are they looking for?  Here's the link. The survey closes on March 15 so be sure to get your voice in!

The other thing I have for you this morning is the link to those little labels that I put on my quilts. There are so cute and so darn handy! In case, you don't' know what I'm talking about, here's a picture.

Little label for quilts
The labels are like a clothing label and printed on a satin type material. You can customize what goes on the label. I've put a bicycle and my handle (or blog title). That's what shows on the "front" of the label when it's folded into the binding. The reverse side has my name and phone number.

Here's a picture of one of the labels that I sewed into a binding this morning.


Label stitched into a binding
Now, where would you get those little labels?? It's a company called ikaprint.  Here's a link to their site.   I believe I bought 100 labels and I've no idea how many I've gone through. I'm thinking I need to order another 100 (soon) as I've big intentions this year and there are about 4 or 5 quilts (or more - yes there are more) that just need the binding sewn on. I better order 200!

I spent most of yesterday getting to a meeting, visiting, and then back home late at night. BUT I did manage to get TWO quilts finished yesterday. FInish number twelve is being delivered to its recipient via pony express (someone else is dropping it off for me) and I'm going to share the store of that quilt with you tomorrow.

Finish number 13 (for 2018) is for a magazine and so you don't get to see it, but I'll be stopping by the UPS office this afternoon to get it on its way.

I was hoping to get another quilt quilted yesterday, but that didn't happen and so I'll be doing that tonight because I need to get working on the next very urgent (at this point) quilt. Yes - I love the thrill of a deadline! It's very motivating! My goal this week is to get one quilt pieced and three quilts quilted, two of which are custom! It's going to be a bit of a challenge, but it has to be done! Commitments were made!

Thankfully none of them are super huge!

I was doing a wee bit of tidying yesterday and unpacked the bag that I bought when I was teaching at The Hobby Horse on Saturday. Remember I chatted about the organic cotton that Ronda was using for her latest quilt?

Ronda's quilt top using organic cotton


 I wasn't a fan of the lighter prints - not sure why - just not my thing. Instead, I bought two yards of two different prints. Now to design a quilt to make with them. There isn't supposed to be any buying unless there is a purpose.


Organic cotton purchase

I have one more purchase that I'll share with you later this week. It's a pretty funny story!

On that note, I'm off to Monday sewing where I hope to accomplish something today. Yes - I should be working on the quilt that needs to be done by Friday, but where's the fun in that? Monday is MY sewing day to work on MY projects, not stuff for a magazine! I'm pretty firm about that!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way! children clothing australia

    ReplyDelete