Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All good things must come to an end!!!

Last day of the retreat!!!!   It really was a great weekend - exhausting!!!  I had a guild meeting last night, but there was no way my body was going to take me there!!  I had a small bite to eat and sat in my cozy chair with my iPad and set an alarm to wake me up in an hour. Well obviously I haven't figured out all the ins and outs of the alarms on that phone because HOURS later - I wake up. Way too late to go to guild meeting!!!!  Then I had trouble going to sleep. GRRRRRRR!!!!!


Well I managed to complete my black/white and red blocks. They still need to be trimmed and then figure out the position, but the most important thing - THEY ARE DONE!!!!!  
Buggy Barn - Shoot for the Moon

Buggy Barn - Shoot for the Moon - Border fabric
 Found this very appropriate border fabric for the Shoot for the Moon quilt. Yeah!!!!  I think there is enough for border and binding. I am certain I have loads of stuff here that will work for the backing.

BRIGHTS
 I really liked Cathy's bright quilt. It was designed by   H.D. Designs and was called Stacked Posies (I think - it is hard to see on the web page. I have the Stacked Posie Supreme (of course - Stacked Posie is not enough - I need the SUPREME version!!!)

Well back home and back to reality. I have a TON of stuff to get ready for the Brampton Quilt Show and I have a sample to get ready for an upcoming class - OH YES - One Block Wonder AGAIN!!!!!  Got to rearrange those blocks and get sewing.


One Block Wonder

One Block Wonder - rearranged.

 I've rearranged it yet again and need ONE MORE block. Time to make a cube or something and throw it in.

But first - I have one quilt that needs to be quilted before the show and then I'll be sitting here binding my little heart out. Got a couple of good audio books so that will make the task a bit more pleasant.

Well I've lost something yet again. I had a pattern in my hands last week. Then I put it somewhere because I wasn't ready to work on it. Well NOW I am and where did I put the pattern?????   Well - I have a few things that I need to work on BEFORE that pattern - hopefully it will surface before too long.


That's it for today - so much work to do and I'm still tired. Boy - what I wouldn't give for a hot chocolate RIGHT NOW. But no - I don't really need one - maybe I'll make a cup of tea. BORING!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!


DON'T FORGET - TODAY is the LAST DAY to vote on the stashes. I hope you had a peek - they were all fun to look at.

Fibre Arts

And this weekend is the Brampton Quilt Guild SHOW - April 30 - May 1

Brampton Quilt Guild SHOW

1 comment:

  1. That border fabric will look so good with your star blocks and I love the brights! So happy! I've never done a "one block wonder" quilt...looks amazing! Good job!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete