Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Importance of things..................


I am late blogging today. Why? My schedule got messed up!  I went to the gym, and then off to have breakfast with the gym friends. EXCEPT that I ordered breakfast and then it didn't come and didn't come.  I asked and it was now almost time for me to leave. I know - I got caught up in talking and sort of forgot about the breakfast!  Anyway - breakfast to go and I had to eat it at work. And immediately got caught up in other things and well - I forgot!!!!!


It is funny how priorities change for things depending on how much time you have.  I am a sucker for e-mail.  I can't seem to delete e-mails if I haven't read them. And I don't read lots of them.  So in a very short time - my in-box has thousands of e-mails again!   The other day I started to go through them as I know there is stuff that I need to deal with. But those e-mails are buried. 

I have started to unsubscribe from some of them.  I actually did some a while back.  I really really do NOT need to receive a new sales pitch EACH DAY from some of these designers and companies. It got to be too much.  Yes sometimes a small anecdote was in the e-mail but nothing earth shattering - it was basically a lead in to what was on sale that day.  

Should I want something - I will go to them.  If everyday is a sale - it just isn't special any more.  So there are a "few" more e-mails that I need unsubscribe from.  I don't mind those that come weekly or monthly and have information or a legitimate sale - but those with the SALE of the DAY - seriously - we don't have time to read those.  They become so commonplace that who cares!!! DELETE DELETE DELETE

So while I did manage to eliminate a couple hundred very quickly, there are loads more and the trick will be to get the daily number down to something that makes sense. I will be using that DELETE key a LOT. 

At least at work - I can keep on top of the e-mails!  So far - they are not coming in fast and furious. 

The other day, Laurraine gave me this crazy quilt.  It was made by a family member whom I have forgotten now. I must get the information from her and put it on a label. 

I know that a quilt appraiser would say that this quilt has NO VALUE except for sentiment. Why???  


Crazy quilt


The quilt is tied and see how many places it was tied?????   OH yes - the maker went CRAZY!!!!!


Lots of ties on this one
The reason that it is only valuable for sentiment and not as a collector item is that there is quite a bit of damage to the quilt.  Many of the fabrics have shredded - probably because of wear, sunlight damange and who knows what else.


Shredded fabric
But I will add it to my collection.  The embroidery stitching on it is well done. Thanks Laurraine.


Back to that Misty Pines.  Of all the people who attended the class, I wondered who was going to finish first.  And my thinking was right on.   Now Tish is NOT done yet, but she has all her tree sections done (the flying geese part of the tree).  She used all the fabrics - yeah!!!!!   And see how nicely they are all labelled.

Awesome job  - Tish - can't wait to see the finished quilt.


Tree components for Misty Pines = DONE!!!!!


Well back to the drawing board for me.  I have a quilt that needs to be finished by the weekend and I am still piddling around with little pieces.  Sewing machine - here I come!!!!!   And I won't tell you what the weekend and next week are going to look like.  Let's just say that our "hot off the press"  fabric is now on a plane.  Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment