Friday, September 18, 2015

It's about time!

You know you have assimilated into a new job when you can pretty go from one day to the next with a full day of work and actually know what you are doing and don't really have to ask many questions!

Yep- I think I am in the groove and well - it is like being on a roller coaster.  But every day brings a new adventure.  

I am in the process of making a small project - I'll show you soon and I needed some different ribbon for it.  I was going to go to Fabricland to find what I needed - there is one not far away, but do you think I have the time???   Nope. Although I am going right by there today as I go out for lunch.   Hmmm - I might stop. 

However I did some shopping Chez Elaine in the ribbon department.  I got TWO buckets of ribbons and trims.  I did find something that I liked and it may be enough for what I have to make. 



Shopping for ribbon

I am happy to report that I am two thirds of the way through cutting the kits!!!!   That laundry basket is almost full!

More Misty Pines kit pieces

I will be cutting one or two more kits and will be running a THIRD class. So if anyone missed out the first round - let me know and I'd be happy to cut one for you - for a price of course!!!!!




I was teaching a class the other night and Elaine S brought this quilt for show n tell.  We did a stack n whack class years ago - we figure it was about 15 years ago.  She did NOT like her blocks when she was done and they have languished for a bit.  Elaine  and I did consult a while back on the blocks, found a sashing and corner stones.

Stach n Whack


This is the print that she used for the Stack n Whack.  It's a border print and looks awesome.   Now she will have to fussy cut that fabric (it's directional) so the borders don't look wonky!!!!


Original fabric


I sure hope to get back to the sewing machine soon, but my priority right now is to get those kits cut.  I have a class on the 27th and I need at least 10 kits by then.  Shouldn't be a problem.


On that note - I am out of here to see what fun stuff I get to do at work!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment