Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to Work!!!!

Oh dear - on top of all that excitement yesterday with iTunes, now Blogger has a new interface. HELP - just relax - it will be OK. But all this new stuff - yikes.

By the way - I did manage to get everything transferred to the iPad. I think!!!!!!

Another class yesterday. Exciting stuff and this class - the sample was actually quilted and the binding on, but not stitched down. How did that happen?????

I am getting back to work and have some stuff to show you this morning.


The tops are DONE!!!!    I noticed after I got the last border on that I made the  second to last border slightly larger than on the original one. No big deal. 

The backing for the two wall hangings. I do NOT have enough of the border fabric for the binding - well I might be able to squeeze one binding out of what is left, and I forgot to shop for some new binding yesterday. Yes - if I looked in the stash, I would likely find something, but it is fun to shop and this is a small piece to buy!!!!



Speaking of buying - I was reading an article in an older "O" magazine (trying to read different style articles for comparing writing styles in my class). The author, Martha Beck talks about THREE STEPS that we can use to cut down on shopping. Psych - Step One - Think Abundantly - She refers to us assembling all our "like" stuff in one place - when you feel like you need to buy something - you check out what you already have. And ultimately you should be able to meet your needs by "shopping" in your own stuff be that clothes or fabric or toiletries or whatever.


I couldn't agree more - this is EXACTLY what I have found - even though I did NOT read this article until yesterday. I have like things together and now it is really really obvious what I have and what I need and do not need.


Step Two - she talks about the effect the stores have on us - how we get "hynotized" into buying things. Oh yeah - I would agree with that.

Step Three - Practice Moderation - this means - yes you can still buy things, but in MODERATION.


Which is why I am going to buy 10 inches of fabric to make the binding for the one quilt top and I am going to SQUEEZE enough binding out of the leftovers of the border to make the other binding.


Back to Elm Creek - Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
One more block done

And another block done (note ALL those Y seams in this block)

The blocks so far

My February project. Yes I am making progress - 2/5 of it is completely together. 


Time to get ready for the classes this coming weekend. Got out my big roll of paper and started cutting.

Cutting - would be so much easier with a BIG paper cutter

Made the pattern (paper pieced) in EQ7 and the printer started spewing out the sheets. Oh God - look at that mess. 

That was a LOT of patterns to print. 

I cut up some of the leftovers for scrap - look at how quickly the stuff I cut a month ago has yellowed.
I know it is a small thing, but I am VERY EXCITED that I could come up with this solution - the paper and the printer and the pattern. Sure makes sewing this together a LOT easier than the original pattern. I hope the students think so too.

Look at what Daphne found for me at the thrift store...............


Side one

Side two

Hmmmmm - this would make a great piece to write a story about....................   what exactly is happening in the picture???????      Thanks Daphne - I am going to have a neat cycling cup selection.


And the Pampered Chef pizza pan - looks like a charm - at last I have a good pan to cook pizza on.

The OTHER girls - cutting the pizza

Yummy pizza




And that is it for today. I have stuff to get ready before I leave for Monday - OK - Monday Motivators.

DH's grandmother died last week and last night that brought on a conversation on what to do when we die. We are of different religions and there could be issues. I had sort of thought about it - but never really did - and now I know exactly what I want. I really really MUST get that organized.

Oh yes - the new interface - I LIKE it much better than the old one. Just have to figure out where all the stuff is, but it is pretty intuitive.

Have a great day!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. about your elm creek quilt, what is the doll doing on the wall??????????????Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still enjoying your Michael Kors?

    ReplyDelete