Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What happens at Monday Motivators - stays at Monday Motivators

I LOVE MONDAYS!!!!

I feel extremely lucky to spend the day surrounded by some pretty CRAZY ladies. The mix every week is a bit different because not every one can make Monday and there is not room for everyone to come at the same time. Surprisingly, everyone gets along pretty well. And the STORIES - oh my - the stories. If for every belly laugh you add a month to your life - I am going to live a LONG LONG life.

Thank you Monday Motivators - you are the BEST. Oh yes - I will NEVER repeat those stories - some of them are too wild anyway!!!!    And it was so nice to see Barb after a very LENGTHY recuperation from her broken shoulder/arm. Welcome back Barb - hope to see you more frequently now that you are on the mend.


But I will share this you from last week. Took a camera yesterday, but NO CARD. There were some pretty cool projects being worked on and let's not forget the NANAIMO bars made by Margo who is the queen of NANAIMO bars. They are so good - not that I need them, but YUM YUM YUM - thanks so much Margo.


Diane got remarried a couple of weeks ago and we had a small shower for her last week. Here are a couple of pictures of the event.


Diane opening her gifts and what is she wearing on her head you ask??????
 Well our Monday group is pretty sophisticated. Everyone or almost everyone has a fastener. And we wear them with pride whenever an event calls for a hat!!!!!!


Judy with her fastener. Judy is a PROFESSIONAL when it comes to making fasteners. She  made her own and Diane's

The cake - you can't have a shower without CAKE. Judy made that too!!!!

Cutting the cake

And this is Robbie. He is ADORABLE. Diane is his grandma!!!!   I just love him and we hadn't seen him a month. Oh my goodness, but he has changed. He is a cute little boy now - no more baby!!!!!

The Monday girls with their fasteners!!!!!!!

Oh - there is me in the back corner on the right with my BIG bird nest on my head. 


I wore the fastener all day and a few customer gave me a questioning look. Nope - just a new style. Work in a quilt store - wear a fastener. High class!!!!!!!



Speaking of CAKE - look at what Margo was making. A YUMMY looking cake - well actually it is a tea cozy shaped like a cake. Nicely done. 

Making slow progress on my projects. Most I can't show you yet!  
But I did get back to Elm Creek. OH MY GOD - these blocks are fiddly.


Look at these PIECES of the block. There are FOUR of these sections and EACH section has THREE Y seams. I mean really - this is slow going. However I am THRILLED at how nicely it all went together. Just a smidgen off - well I just trimmed the small bits and now it is perfect. I have parts of the other two sections together. Will try to finish that off tonight. Then I better get my act together and STOP working on the December assignment and get the February assignment done. I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing these tiny little bits. I know - I am insane - oh yes - did I tell you those little squares are TWO and ONE HALF inches. Tiny. I wish I could transfer my skills to others - I can provide the theory, but others struggle with these seams. Hmmmmmm - how could I better help them put these blocks together????

Did manage to find a nice fabric for the binding of those two wall hangings. And NO matter how much I calculated, there just was not enough fabric to make even one binding - so I bought enough of the blue to make both. 


As usual it is going to be a busy day - got a class to teach this morning and then a quilt to quilt this afternoon.

To answer a couple of comments - the doll in the Elm Creek quilt - well it got stuck there when someone was over and we needed more space on the wall. I just haven't moved the doll out of the picture!!!!    And the MK bag - I LOVE it. I am still very cautious - afraid that it will get a salt stain or scratch mark, but I am LOVING it and USING it. Thanks for asking!!!!!!


And for those that have asked for more applique demos - shoot - I was doing fusible this morning and forgot to take pictures. I will try for the Fusible demo tomorrow and then the inside points of the starch method.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is calling them fastener an inside joke with the Monday Motivators or a typo for Fascinator hats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given you like orange so much, do you support the NDP?
    If Harper fools around with OAS you will have competition with the colour orange.

    ReplyDelete