Sunday, February 19, 2012

Christmas Club February Reveal

Had a bit of a panic attack this morning when I went to download my pictures. Yikes - I only got part of the pictures from the show n tell yesterday. Ooooops - once the camera gets to 9999 in the numbering of pictures - it creates a new folder on the card. PHEW!!!!!!


So yes - it was reveal day for Christmas Club. It is amazing what happens in these groups. the level of creativity is CRAZY.  I never know exactly what they are going to come up with.  We started a tinners exchange in this group as well. Each person choose a theme and then each participant works on each others project over the course of the year. Although we did show n tell of that yesterday, the owner of the project being reviewed had to leave the room and NO PICTURES allowed. Can't take any chances that someone will inadvertently show it on a blog or whatever. DRAT cause that was some pretty amazing stuff. Will blow your socks off when you see the reveal at the end. I CANNOT wait. And lots of great themes - I think I mentioned them last month - but super themes.


OK without further ado - let's get down to business.

This is the first of our Christmas Club projects for 2012

And the homework was the four hearts on the bottom row and the square in a square on the extreme right in the third row. Let's see what the ladies came up with...........................

Virginia's hearts (I like that green line in between the hearts)

Karen's hearts?????   Hmmmmmm - let's just say that Karen was away and Linda was the messenger. So Karen wasn't there to defend her block. Now I guess we could say that each of the two petals of the Dresden plate look like a heart. Yes - that must be it!!!!!!    Or Karen is doing a completely different quilt OR she gave Linda the wrong blocks to show.   I CANNOT wait to hear the story behind this one!!!!!!


Raili did ruched flowers instead of the hearts - nicely ruched I might add. 

Beth twisted and turned hers - I love the striped background. Really sets off the hearts. 

Mary - nice red hearts on nice backgrounds. 

My hearts - I was contemplating doing them again UNTIL I saw what Virginia did with hers. Yes - I NEED to add some green here - it looks too much like Valentines



Linda's hearts. Shoot - I think she said these were traditional Danish woven hearts. Essentially the center is a nine patch and then the little half circles go on the two sides. Linda - those little black/white four patches remind me of the miniature quilt???????





Flo's heart blocks - two toned. Nice!
Tony's hearts - he used a nice Christmas print in the heart - I LIKE that. 


Let's see -  Pat - where are your pictures????   I know you were working on it.


See what I mean - a simple task like making four hearts and all chaos breaks out with this group. Well done - an impressive start. Now let's see what they manage to do with a simple square in a square block........


Linda (who is already putting the sashing on - she is in a HURRY), Karen (OK Karen - my curiosity is peaked), Raili, Beth, and Mary)
OH - this isn't the square in a square, but it is necessary so Virginia will just have to switch the blocks when this one gets assigned. 


Flo's - she sent me the picture on her phone and I had to take a picture of that picture - that is why it is so blurry. You see - I have NOT figured out how to take the picture from the phone (that someone has sent to me via text) and resend it to myself on the computer. The last time I tried, I ended up with M's friends foot (Caroline) that was severely bruised as wallpaper on my phone!!!!!!). Note to self - got to figure out how to move the photo file from camera to computer. 

My blocks - ooops - in all the excitement - I forgot to finish sewing them together.  Well I was contemplating redoing them in a different colour. I will see how the quilt progresses before I make the final decision on that.

Tony's squares


We are only missing Pat's blocks here. Don't forget to get those pictures to me ASAP. There are penalties involved here for NOT meeting the deadlines so don't delay.


And now for the homework for next month.  Two blocks again - a pieced one - the presents and the applique - the little bear/cat/mouse in the stocking. Can't wait to see what they do with this.


Critter Christmas homework for February



Let's have a peek at what the O Tannenbaum group did........................  It was all paper piecing so a lot less room for creativity.


Here is the second Christmas Club project



And the resulting house blocks

Liz - not sure if she is going to add the porch roof or not

Linda with her creative use of construction themed fabric

Nancy with the sideless house, but LOVE the shutter fabric

Shoot - I can't remember whose this is, but I love the shutters and the striped fabric on top.
Flo's house - nice shutters


Now did you look at the sides of these houses?????  Yes - the top floor is offset. I know when I made mine - I actually fixed that. HOWEVER after looking at the pattern, this is the way it is supposed to be. I MISSED that point. DUH - My second error with this pattern. That is what happens when you get so caught up in your own thing and know how to fix stuff that you fix what doesn't need to be fixed!!!!!!!



This is my house with STRAIGHT walls    Hmmmmmm - the other style looks MORE German. 
Tony's house  (well actually Linda T)


So let's see - there are a few missing houses - Pat,  Flo Bl, Raili, Annadele (who WAS on vacation), Linda V.   I need (and Joanne NEEDS to see those houses!!!!!!)   Of course if people do not get the work done - then we are going to have an AWESOME party with all the penalty money.


The other house we did was this one.....................




House Number TWO

Yes - Nancy designed HER OWN block - a German castle (and yes - they are everywhere in Germany - perked on hillsides just like this) - I think she did a great job with the design. 
Flo's house (which is NOT on the wall with the others)

And Linda - mad HALF a house. Way to go Linda and hopefully this month will be less eventful and you will be able to get the homework done.


And Annadele got the doors done on this house. 
Tony (Linda T's) house


Perhaps if Annadele and Linda collaborate - they could almost have one entire house!!!!!!


Homework for February



Yes there are FIVE blocks there - but the REQUIRED homework is ONE of the three coloured blocks and the gold center block. The other THREE - three coloured blocks will have to be done, but at their own pace, although I strongly suggest they get them all done at the same time so they don't forget.


It was amazing to see all the work. So creative - I learn so much from the students - probably MORE than they learn from me.

Well I really must close off this blog. Someone asked me yesterday how long it takes to do the blog. Let's just say that today - it has taken ALL DAY. First I moved the computer upstairs the other day and when I brought it back down - I did not plug it in properly and the battery went dead half way through. The system backed up no problem, but I had to wait for the system to reboot. And then myself and a customer got mixed up in the day she was coming to quilt a quilt. She came today, not tomorrow so I had to help her and then I went to teach a class and WOW - just finishing the blog now at almost 6 PM.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment