Friday, February 24, 2012

And the madness continues

This is going to be short and no photos this AM. I am taking a friend to the hospital for a chemo treatment today. I figured it is more important to do that to get my homework done for my classes tomorrow. OK - so I should have planned better, but I am taking my books and my note pad - I do NOT need a sewing machine to plan a class. Got my GRAB and GO bag ready with lots of things to keep me busy. And wouldn't you know it - the snow FINALLY hit but I don't think it is going to be that bad but we are giving ourselves a bit of extra time just in case.

In all the craziness, I have managed to get the homework for TWO of the four quilts for tomorrow complete. Yeah and the third one is almost done so just one more to work on. ONE MORE DAY - that's all I need - ONE MORE DAY.

Note to self: DO NOT leave everything to the last week - (I am going to start on the next round of homework TOMORROW - well make that Sunday!!!!)

I did get all SIXTY of the gift bags done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I couldn't believe it. I got them all stitched and pressed before I left home, took FOUR bodkin needles with me and thanks to Liz, Nancy, Andrea, Cathy, Elaine S and a few other ladies - the ribbons got threaded through the bags. I think I did THREE in total last night. To add to the madness - I brought home another SIXTY to do. Yeah yeah - call it a case of STUPIDITY or whatever, but I like doing them and I think it is fun that we all thread the ribbons through while listening to the speaker. Talk about a quilting bee!!!!!!

To add to the madness - I am back in physio. And it is my OWN FAULT. Problems with left wrist and left shoulder. Shoulder is an old injury that has come back to haunt me because of the INTENSE days of cutting. SO.............................................    while I can cut, I CANNOT spend all day cutting. I did that at Monday a couple of weeks ago and I've been paying the price ever since. Ooooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The good news - the physiotherapist thinks it can be fixed with ultrasound and exercise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Alwin just reminds me that we will always have aches and pains and we learn to manage it.

And on that note - I have one more thing to do before I venture into the SNOW STORM.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Elaine- it is so kind of you to accompany our dear guild member to her chemo! You are really amazingly generous!!! I sent her a letter a couple of weeks ago and received a reply on Friday-it brought tears to my eyes! She is still the same sweet person as always! I was just wondering how she was when you saw her?
    Sandra R. BQG

    ReplyDelete