Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Acquisition Day!!!!!!!!!!




Yesterday was a crazy day - but it included a bridge lesson. OK - so several of us (OK - most of us in the class) have gone crazy over this card game. But it is hilarious to LISTEN to us play. Now in the REAL WORLD of bridge - there is NO TALKING. You use the bidding process to communicate with your partner what you have in your hand. Well - when we bid - we make a bid and then we analyze it - I bid 1 Heart because I have 13 or more points and at least 5 hearts. Then when each person bids - we discuss that. I did say that we are learning. THEN we decided to bid a round and NO TALKING. Well - there was silence, but not just silence - a STUNNED SILENCE. Now what?????   What do I do?????    Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most of us have the opening bid figured out (for the most part), but the bid answering - well we have a LOT of work to do on that. Flo might regret that she ever got herself into this!!!!!!!!

Then get M to the dentist, Berke to pick up his car that needed repairs, groceries and at last Fabricland.


I LOVE BAGS. All kinds of bags - I usually carry all kinds of crap with me and therefore bags are important. Purses are just NOT made for shoving crap into (well not my Micheal Kors) - a purse is a purse - we all need BAGS.

While at Fabricland, I was picking up some zippers for................

This is called A CUTE BAG and I am teaching it on Sunday at the Hobby Horse. I found two of those three fabrics in my stash. Zipped to Ruti's to get the blue in the foreground. Then got the rest of the supplies at Fabricland. Now at Fabricland, you have to purchase a bag and for some reason, I never think to carry a bag in from the car. I do at the grocery store, but no where else. 



HOWEVER....................................



At Christmas, the girls at Monday Motivators presented me with a large basket with all kinds of goodies in which I have used a lot of. |This is one of the items in the basket. Do you know what it is?????


It opens up into a nice nylon bag. I love it because it folds up small and neat so I can put it in my purse.  BUT when I want a bag - I have one at the ready!!!!!!    So I put all my crap that I bought at Fabricland into this bag. 



But if you want your own over the shoulder bag for your stuff including your iPad, then check out my class this Sunday at The Hobby Horse. 



While at Ruit's, I saw this pattern for a crocheted basket. Well - I just had to have it. I do NOT know why I am obsessed with this stuff, but you make it from T-shirt material and yes I had to purchase a ball of it!!!!!!

My outsourcer (Marian) brought me TWO reds as per my requisition. And so I can finish that other quilt.  THANKS Marian 



Wondering how the tie turned out??????   Well - have a look.......................


I think that M did a FABULOUS job on this tie. It sure doesn't look homemade, but I think she needs to redo the hand stitching. Well that was the word according to Berke. We all agreed that would be a good idea. 





Already been to the gym - almost didn't make it - stupid dogs that have to go pee (or hunt rabbits) in the middle of the night. Now I am running behind and got lots to do today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment