Thursday, February 28, 2013

Winter Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yikes - how much more snow are we going to get this year??????   We have been spoiled for the last couple of winters and if we did get snow - it wasn't a big deal to shovel it. BUT this year - we just had our THIRD major dump. Yesterday was probably the worst because it wasn't just snow, but WET snow. And WET snow means HEAVY.


This is our front driveway. I shoveled the main part of the driveway and the sidewalk. When it came to the boulevard part - I just made sure that we had a rutted path to get in and out. Same thing with the windrow left by the plow at the end. Why should I shovel all that crap out of the way. We just need to get in and out. And when I shoveled that opening, I was literally shoveling WATER. 


Our backyard this morning
And I snapped this picture of Sammy TWO days ago. Look at her. the edge of that pond is where the flower pot is. She is fascinated by that pond and happy to sit on the ice - on the edge of the ice no less. 



I am happy to report that progress is being made. I FINALLY got a quilt off the machine yesterday that has been on there for a long time. While there has been incentive - it just seems that something else came up.


This is the backing - can you tell who the quilt belongs to?????

And look how lazy I was - the quilt has embellishments on it and I didn't want to remove them and put them back on so I quilted it with the embellishments on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    A few lumps and bumps, and had to quilt around a couple of buttons, but otherwise no problem and I don't have to put them on now that the quilt is done. OH YES - this picture should have been rotated. 

Oh - here is the quilt DONE!!!!!!!!!!    Yes - it belongs to me. It was a group exchange from 2002!!!!!   Only took ten years to get it completed. Oh well - I had fun with it. 

Here is the back - not a bad centering job. That is a VERY hard thing to do on the long-arm. 


Binding got put on this morning. 


Now M and I are taking a dress making class on Tuesday nights. Of course - I am way behind!!!!!   The first night we were supposed to get the dress cut out and start sewing this past Tuesday. I STILL don't have the dress cut out and we are fitting next week!!!!!!!!!!   I always said I was a BAD student. But then, I was giving M some coaching and helping her with her project.


M - sewing her dress

Here is my fabric and I got THREE pieces cut out this past week. Only 6 or 7 to go plus the lining and the interfacing. Then sew it together BY TUESDAY. Never mind the backlog of quilts. 




Anyway - I am off to get a LOT of work done today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: