Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happiness is...................



Ah - this is the  name of the challenge for the Brampton Quilter's Guild. That quilt show is coming up in April. I'll provide dates later. BUT TRUE happiness is going for the BIG SQUEEZE and an ultrasound and having the doctor give you the THUMBS UP. Everything looks A-OK. I did feel a bit bad because when I booked the appointment, they checked and I hadn't had a mammogram in FOUR years. OK - NOTE to self - go more often.

Now that is happiness!!!!!!!!!!!  

Spent the morning on paperwork and made EXCELLENT progress. Then in the afternoon, I was working on a quilt for myself. But ran out of thread so did the mad dash and whipped through the thread catalogue, ordered it and I'm picking it up today. DRAT - I've been meaning to do that for months. Well - I was forced to do that now!!!!!!

Last night, I went to an event at the gym. OH BOY - I am TOTALLY out of it. While I go three times a week, there are TONS of people who practically live there. Last night was a sort of social event and lots of couples. Get to meet new people, provide feedback to the gym - that sort of thing. WELL - it was an eye opener. OK - so I WANT to go more often - just have to schedule it into my day.

But meeting new people who are all very nice (and one of them is a quilter who I don't know, but we had talked before) and there are cycling trips and well - I could just drop everything and spend EVERY MINUTE there. And you know how obsessive I can get so I had better watch out or I will a svelte looking chic with a wash board stomach!!!!!!!!!!!   OK - so that is a pipe dream!!!!!!!!!!    But just because you can fit into your jeans from when you got married - is that FIT enough????   And what exactly is FIT???   And these people LIVE and BREATH by their heart rate monitors. Holy cow. Get in that fat burning zone. A number of people present have lost HUGE amounts of weight and I can't mange 10 lousy pounds!!!!!!!!  Got to buddy up with one of them. However - they did say NO SWEETS. DAMN Tim Horton's!!!!!

Oh yes - there was a district manager from the states there. And he asked what they could do to "Canadianize" the gym. I piped up - "install a Tim's" in the lobby!!!!  " JUST KIDDING" I quickly added.

Oh yes - I looked at the fabric bakery again and I found one that I actually like..............


Quilt Recipe

I have a busy day - running around errands and got to prep (clean up) for tomorrow - there are TEN people coming to my sit n sew.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment